In this blog post , we will share some of the major enhancements which will be coming up with 1608 release.
Highlights of 1608 Enhancements for Business Partner are as follows:-
- Automatically Assign Logged in User as Owner for an Account/Individual Customer using New Workflow Action
- Account Role in Enterprise Search and Result
- Employee Edit/Create in an Integrated Scenario
- Contact Merge – Delete Relationship for Obsolete Contact record after Merge
- Access restrictions updated based on ‘Works for’ relationship changes
- Access Restriction based on Sales area Data – Compatibility Switch (Context 1015)
- Extensibility for Partner Application, Partner, and Partner Contact (with new extension scenario)
Automatically Assign Logged in User as Owner for an Account/Individual Customer using New Workflow Action
Business Problem:- Administrators can now create workflow rules to automatically assign the logged in user as an owner of the account. This takes care of scenarios where sales representatives create accounts and customers without assigning owners (primarily in offline mode), and these new accounts are visible to all sales representatives (if access restrictions are setup).
With 1608 release administrator can now create workflow rules to automatically assign the logged in user as an owner of the account during account creation.
How it Works :- System administrator can now create a workflow rule for assigning logged in user as an owner of account/customer .
Work Center Administrator -> View Workflow Rules
The workflow rule uses the new Action ‘Assign Me as Owner’
Account Role in Enterprise Search and Result
Business Problem :- Identify assigned role for accounts and customer records and select or visualize the account role attributes for accounts and customers in the enterprise search and result view..
How it works :- You can now use enterprise search to filter account/customers based on the Role assignment. The enterprise search result has also been enhanced to show role assigned to the account.
Employee Edit/Create in an Integrated Scenario
Business problem: – It was not possible to create/edit employees in Cloud for Customer if the employees are replicated from an external system. This restricted employee creation/edit only in ECC but many customer would like to maintain certain external employees within C4C with
How it works:-
- Employee creation and & editing is allowed in Cloud for Customer for integrated scenario also.
- Employees created in Cloud for Customer will not be replicated to the external application.
- Scoping: General Business Data > Employees and Service agents> Employees > Group: Employee Maintenance > ‘Do you want to create and edit employee records in your cloud solution ?’
Note: For all employees created locally in Cloud for Customer, the complete employee life-cycle will have to be managed within C4C in order to keep the master data consistent with your external system.
Update of Access Restrictions based on ‘Works for’ Relationship Changes
- With 1608 release the system updates the identity restrictions for access restriction rule ‘6-My workforce’ based on the changes made to the ‘Works for’ relationship for employees
Note : This is a asynchronous update and is effective with a 24 hour delay
Access Restriction based on Sales Data – Compatibility Switch
- New Scoping Question enables Administrators to deactivate the Access Context 1015 Compatibility Mode that was delivered with C4C 1508.
- Scoping question : Built-in Services and Support > System Management > User and Access Management
- If this Option is scoped, the compatibility mode is active, which means that sales area restriction of the Access Context 1015 (Employee, Territory, Sales Data) will only be effective for objects, that have an employee or a territory assigned.
- If the Option is un-scoped, then the sales area restriction of the Access Context 1015 (Employee, Territory, Sales Data) will always be taken into account (independent from any employees or territories that might be assigned to the objects).
Business Address selection on contact quick create
User can now select business address for a contact on the quick create view.
Notes on account and contact quick create
User can now maintain notes on account and contact quick create views.
Extension scenario for Partner Application, Partner, and Partner Contact (with new extension scenario)
User can now extend partner application with extension fields and have these extension fields also copied over to partner and partner contact post approval.