This month I’m publishing my monthly highlights a bit early (due to my summer vacation). Any posts that come up between now and the end of the month will appear in next month’s highlights.
Did you know? You can also follow the SAP User Experience Community on Twitter.
Here are my July highlights:
- In this twelfth – and final – interview in my series of talks with SAP employees working in a variety of roles in the area of user experience and design, I talk to Sam Yen, Chief Design Officer at SAP and Managing Director of SAP Labs, Palo Alto. Find out what Sam enjoys about his job as well as some of the challenges he faces.
- Interested in SAP Fiori 2.0? Kai Richter has published 4 articles this month on the topic:
- SAP Fiori 2.0: The Launchpad (Part 1) In this is the first part in his series, Kai explains the different ways you can organize and manage applications in the SAP Fiori launchpad.
- SAP Fiori 2.0: The Launchpad (Part 2) This second part focuses on the most prominent design changes to the launchpad in SAP Fiori 2.0.
- SAP Fiori 2.0: From Vision to Product Get a brief history of SAP Fiori 2.0.
- SAP Fiori 2.0: The Dynamic Page In this article, you will learn about the dynamic page, a new layout that will be used as the basis for most of the standard pages in SAP Fiori.
- Find out what a Disney-Pixar film can teach us about designing software to make the most of our diverse human abilities in this wonderful article by Jocelyn Dart, Finding Dory & Designing for Diversity.
- Wish your organization was more innovative? Then check out these 3 Tips to Foster a Culture of Innovation at Work by Janaki Kumar.
- In Want to Grow Up Big and Strong? Think Design, Tyler Nickerson explores how design thinking helps start-ups focus on the most important thing – customers.
- In Pizza, Beer, and SAP Fiori – First Meetup in Heidelberg was a full success! Sarah-Vanessa Mueller recounts how the AppHaus in Heidelberg, Germany opened its doors to anyone interested in SAP Fiori.
- Karim Habib is head of design at BMW. He spoke recently at SAP about his life’s calling.
- Find out about the talk he gave in A Passion for Detail.
- Additionally, check out The Key to Good Design – an Interview with BMW’s Karim Habib
- The SAP Fiori Customer Interest Group is open to every customer interested in working with us on defining and improving SAP Fiori. Sign up NOW for SAP Fiori Customer Interest Group!
In the Discussion Forum:
- In Does the World Really Need Designers? Hyun Lee begins a discussion about the importance of design and designers. What’s your opinion?
I hope you find this post of highlights useful, but keep in mind that it is not comprehensive of all the activity on the Community during the last month. Checkout the SAP User Experience Community to discover the interesting contributions that I left out of this post!