During the past months the team continuously increased their effort to position SAP Business ByDesign for the LE subsidiary integration use case. Today, we see many of our customers with an international growth strategy running companies and their operation outside their home country. As a matter of fact, current SAP ByD customers run companies in 94 countries and we count more than 210 Million Accounting Documents created into ByD tenants! We count more than 400 customers running ByD in “non-localized countries”.
How is that possible? Simply, SAP ByD delivers an architecture and services that supports the ability to accompany the customer in whatever location his business runs. In order to manage such customer requirements, an important strategic investment to support the “subsidiaries business” was launched last year. Thus, our partner (and less extend customers) ecosystem invest on developing for “non-localized countries” leveraging the localization service map approach.
A few days ago, we run another interactive webinar to our customers, partners and SAP team colleagues sharing the most important information on Localization@SAP ByD. Among others, the most important topics discussed were about:
- Concept of Standard localized versus pre-localized country. The teams explained its value by scoping the countries into customer system for instance getting Tax codes ( e.g. Purchase, sales, product, withholding taxes…) Generic Customer Facing form template ( e.g. Logistics and Financials); special features to support country specific payment procedures; Generic ERM functionality. Last but not least, depending on the country, selected transactional processes or statutory reports are covered (e.g. MYF Tax Report Greece).
- New countries such as Singapore, UAE and Malaysia added to the list 11 pre-localized countries.
- Key User Translation Tool planned. It allows ByD customers to: translate ByD Work Centers such as Purchase Requests and Orders, Sales Orders, Supplier Invoice etc. into languages that are not supported by SAP (e.g. Norwegian); adapt distinct texts so that they fit into the customer domain and terminology. not only static UI texts, such as Work Centers and Views, but also application texts like fields, codes (value help), and messages, the ability to transfer “Text Pools” using MS Excel Export/Import.
- Team shared the idea of having Legal Change Notification Service in ByD for informing partners/customers on Legal Changes
- Updated Country Version List (about 168 entries recorded) as a tool to help customers, channel partners or SAP sales team to understand what country is offered by SAP or our advanced partners offering country versions such as Seidor(MX), erplogic (IN), NEC (JP) or InCloud solutions (UK) or SAP Cloud Service Center among other partners.
- Provided transparency on SAP ByD metrics to explain “country in use” by picking a) country scoped by customer and b) creation of Accounting Documents during last 4 weeks as part of the localization fee in the price list.All this information is posted in our Localization community (counting about 320 members in SAP JAM). If you don’t have access today but are a SAP ByD customer or partner, please contact mailto:Steffen.email@example.com Antonio.firstname.lastname@example.org to grant your access.
Start your discovery and get value about interacting with Globalization experts.
Stay tune for next blogs about localization services announced on this blog which will continue our effort to make localization a strong capability on SAP ByD
SAP Business ByDesign Globalization Capabilities for European Countries
SAP Business ByDesign Globalization Capabilities for Countries in Africa and the Middle East
SAP Business ByDesign Globalization Capabilities for Asia Pacific Countries