As per business requirement and to keep pace with the new improved technology, there is a need to implement the new application SAP CRM TPM in other markets / or for other entity. This will help to synchronize the business scenario and track the business effectively. With improved functionality, users within (new) entity can use the state-of the art SAP CRM TPM processes for their day to day activities.
As a part of this project, we have carried out important configurations and other required steps and followed the standard SAP implementation methodology for this roll out.
Note: Below configuration steps are valid in the project where CRM is used as a front end for TPM process and ECC as a back end for customer, material, pricing/condition records, sales organization, sales office, sales group creation and finance accounting postings.
- Create Root Organizational Unit e.g. Sales Org 1, check business partner assignment (user) and assign sales offices, sales groups if required. The business partner generated for sales organization unit will be used in later stage for assigning as a Billing Unit.
Organization structure is defined manually in SAP CRM system. The required attributes are maintained for the NEW Sales Org.One can take a reference of the existing sales organization for which the business is actively using the TPM functionality.
Existing marketing planning type e.g. ZST need to be assigned to the new sales organization. This step need to be repeat for all the applicable marketing planning types used for the existing business process
4 > 4.1 If you want to have a specific causal factor profile, you can first create it as per below SPRO path and then assign causal factor profiles for marketing planning. If existing causal factor profile to be used for new entity, you can move to step 4.2 and assign it to the new sales organization.
4.2 Assign Causal Factor profiles for Marketing planning
5. Define Billing Units (Corporate Account)This should be automatically created when a root sales organization was defined in Step 1. This is nothing but the business partner assigned to Sales Org unit.
7. Assign Company Codes to Billing Units
8. Determine Sales Area Data for Determination of Invoice Currency
9. Define Currency Units for Cross-Order Caps (Update table CRMC_MKTPL_CAPCR) (Optional)
In SAP ERP, the currency unit for the currency-based cap of discounts in trade promotions depends on the company code of the sales organization. If the condition has the sales organization as a key field, the currency of the sales organization’s company code is used (field KWAEH).
10. Assignment of pricing procedure to Sales Org. e.g here T001
11. Transfer of billing documents to accounting using Symbolic Account Key
Customer Relationship Management > Billing > Integration >
Please get the SymAcctKey (GL account in FICO terminology) and AccrualAcc from business. They may be different for each Sales Org. These values are getting determined in the FB03 transaction type in ECC, along with the profit center.
- Extend the required customer and material master to the new sales area in ECC and download the same to CRM.
- In case of customer hierarchy, please download the customer hierarchy to CRM once the required hierarchy is ready in ECC.
- Middleware for List Price – Initial load of the respective middleware object for condition download.
- Run middleware to pull Org. changes, account hierarchy changes, customer changes, product changes which are extended to new sales organization in ECC.
- Update – background JOB variants for auto release, accrual calculation and posting.
- Any other Z table or Z program where you want to hard code the new SALES ORGANIZATION in CRM, based on your business processes for TPM.
- WEB UI configuration, business roles configuration, roles and authorizations needs to be considered when the new sales organization is ready to use.