EC Payroll initially came with a middleware as explained earlier in the Blog Successfactors Employee Central Payroll or On premise Payroll
Now with 1605, Net New customers no longer need a middleware such as Boomi or HCI to integrate EC with Employee Central Payroll (ECPay)
As explained the architecture for a Typical EC Payroll before release 1605 was as below, Note for EC on Premise Payroll customers the below diagram is still valid.
After 1605 Release, No HCI or BOOMI Skills are required and it eases further in System set up and provisioning
The Architecture looks as below
As you can see there is no middleware wherein making the replication faster. Also, with this approach No need to keep track on applying latest Boomi integration pack to get new functionality etc. All other functionality like EC TimeSheet Integration is released on PTP only henceforth from 1605 release.
One more important thing to remember there is no Integration Add on PA SE IN to be installed for this functionality as point-to-point replication is based on software component EA-HRRXX.
These are the typical configuration needs to be done
- Setup system connectivity
- Setup replication configuration
- Setup employee replication
- Setup EC Time Off replication
- Setup EC Timesheet replication
For existing Payroll Customers ie based on middleware replication :
- Immediate migration is not mandatory
- Future functionality such as new countries or EC Timesheet integration (1605) will only be available with P2P
- Customers who want to make use of new functionality have to migrate to P2P
- A set of tools is provided to automate migration and reduce errors and efforts
For the Migration Steps :
Please refer the SAP NOTE 2321421 – How to migrate from PA_SE_IN to EA-HR/PTP?
Refer the Customisation Steps here
SAP Customizing Implementation Guide > Personnel Management > Integration Settings for SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll
P.S : For further details please see implementation guide on: http://help.sap.com/hr_ecpayroll