Skip to Content

I want to share a problem  and a sloution of it.

Since I searched a couple of hours for the solution and could not fined the solution wasily I wanted to write this blog.

Because of old version of our system the possibility of encountering with the problem is not so high  but hope this help someone.

We have an ERP 6.0 system on NW 7.0 with 7.21 kernel. (Unfortunately upgrade was not possible till now).

One of the integrated DB’s version was updated from 2008 to 2014 and our DBCO connection did not run then.

Our system kernel version was 7.21 526. First of all we upgraded the kernel to the latest version according to the PAM.

After the kernel upgrade of the development system connection run properly and our problem was solved.

The successfull connection test on development system was like below.

Blog_DBCO_2.jpg

The strange problem occured on quality and production system. When we implemented the same solution to quality and production system unfortunately the connection problem was not solved. It was giving below error.

“Couuld not open connection GENIUS,

sql error      18456 occured.

Login failed for user “GENIUS3″”

Blog_DBCO_2.jpg

We tried some things to solve the problem like deleting and creating the connection from DBCO, reapplying the kernel by copying from development system, restarting OS and DB (first rule for solutions 🙂 ) etc. These approaches did not solve the problem.

When I created a new connection with the same settings with a new name, connection test was successful. There was a problem with the name GENIUS of the connection strangely. TEST, GENIUSNEW etc connections with the same settings were successfully connecting to the target SQL Server 2014 version DB but except GENIUS.

I searched through the scn annd SMP but there were no helpful notes or discussions.

At last I found the note 1823566 – Potential information disclosure relating to SolutionManager. This note is also mentioned in EWA report and helped me to solve the problem.

The cause of the problem was the definiton of connection GENIUS on SECSTORE. Although it was green, we were getting error on connection test of this connection.

Blog_DBCO_3.jpg

As a solution, I deleted the  definition of GENIUS on SECSTORE transaction and run RS_DBC_CLEANUP program mentioned in the note. After this connection test for GENIUS was successful.

As lessons learned we can say that;

  • keeping component versions up to date is better
  • Checking EWA reporrts and applying recommendations are required
  • Never give up! There is always a solution.

Thanks for your interests.

.

To report this post you need to login first.

Be the first to leave a comment

You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.

Leave a Reply