Public announcement: why to get my HCM P&F interactive iBook?
As I announced that my new multitouch book for iTunes was out, I got “tricked” by probably the most popular HCM P&F guy on SCN, Christopher Solomon, to tell why this books would be better than the SAP ERP HCM Processes and Forms by Justin Morgalis and Brandon Toombs (https://www.sap-press.com/sap-erp-hcm-processes-and-forms_3124/) . This paper book is the official SAP book for processes and forms and it’s a true paper book. The paper book mentioned is available also as an e-book direct file dump, so searches of words there would work too.
I thought I wasn’t doing enough to explain what the book is about in my status update, as Christopher alluded, so I decided, especially for marketing reasons, to explain it in a blog post.
There are several reasons why this book is not enough:
After reading it, I wasn’t able to start a project just with that knowledge from the book
The structure of the book and its explanation approach didn’t seem to match the real world use for me as a consultant
There were few specialised advices for the modern HCM P&F (based on FPM instead of SIFbA/Adobe)
Detailed explanations to standard services SAP_PA, SAP_PD, SAP_PT lacked
- No integration scenarios were detailed
There were not enough screenshots
So, there were enough reasons to think a new book would make sense. But this was not the only reason. Having a paper book in todays rich and interactive information delivery systems (such as iBooks, AppStore and learning portals) is just stone age technology, especially for things you learn to do and not just enjoy and perhaps forget (like a Jack Reacher book). As I already had published on iTunes (SAP HCM Performance Management with Objective Setting and Appraisal module), I decided to do a proper SAP learning book – with gestures support, hundreds of screenshots and explanations to terms and screenshots parts where you need them: in that same spot where you see them. However I limited my book to the FPM-based forms and for the business workflow I only showed the most used workflow tasks (delivered by SAP). You’ll get tips on the CRM/SSC integration in my book too as well as other integration scenarios!
Now the book is out, so how can you use it?
- First go here https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/mastering-sap-hcm-processes/id1126836554?mt=11 to download a SAMPLE, which will surely convince you 😉 . Check out a couple of pictures here:
- Second have a look at my video here to understand how to use it fully: Mastering SAP HCM Processes and Forms iBook – how to use it – YouTube or in this page:
- Start implementation/design/sales campaign with the book parallel to your computer:
- Contact me directly to get a review version – you’ll have to be a reputable SAP-related publication (paper or digital)