Are you going to attend an SAP TechEd this year? Registration for Las Vegas, Bangalore, and Barcelona is now open. When you register, just include your SCN ID or Username in the registration form and you’ll be eligible for the I’ll Be There badge. Similar to previous years, this will provide an easy way to connect with other SCN members while you are at the TechEd.
Then look for other members who have the badge so you can make plans to connect before, during or after the event. Participating in this mission is a fun way to initiate in-person connections with SCN members you’ve been engaging with online. If you’re already following each other, you can DM (direct message) each other and set up a meeting time and location.
If someone has the badge on their profile, you can see which location they’re registered for by hovering over their badge (last year’s example shown to the left). You may even notice some folks, like speakers and other SCN members have more than one badge because they’re going to more than one SAP TechEd location this year.
NOTE: We will be awarding these badges on a weekly basis, and not immediately, so it may take a few days for your badge to show up on your profile after you register. Don’t forget to enter your SCN ID and username no matter which location(s) you plan to attend.
Following is the field where you will be prompted to enter your SCN ID or Username during registration:
In case you are already registered, don’t worry, you can still add you SCN ID to your registration. Here is how:
- Find your registration confirmation email (sender should be SAP TechEd 2016 and the subject should be SAP TechEd 2016 <location> Registration Confirmation) and note your confirmation number.
- Go to Registration Assistance for your event location to access your Registration Record. Enter your Email and Password to log in.
- Select Edit your Personal information
- On the Personal Information Screen, scroll down to the section titled “SAP Community Network (SCN) ID“
- Enter you SCN ID in the input field.
(This is an I-, D-, C-, S-, or P-number.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button
Once your changes are saved, the next time we do an upload of the “I’ll Be There” badge for your event location, your badge will appear on your SCN Profile Bio tab.