Changing the extended notification emails links to buttons
Here in an example on how to improve the look of the mails sent by the system by sending an approval notification with an approval button and not a link.
The problem is that there is no way to add a button to an e-mail, although it is possible to add the relevant html tag to the mail, it’s not supported. A way to get around the problem is to add a table and use the table cells to look like buttons by using a background color and placing the approval links in the table cells.
I order to do so; you need to replace the SWN_MESSAGE1 bsp application in transaction SWNCONFIG with your own:
For more details see also https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/d8/4ba7408f031414e10000000a1550b0/content.htm
- First you create a table before the links loop in the extended notifications
<table width “100%” border = “0” cellpadding = “0” cellspacing = “0”
style = “color = #ffffff; background-color: ‘background color of your choice‘ “>
- Now create an inner table
<table border = “0” cellpadding = “0” cellspacing = “20”>
- And continue with the regular loop,
LOOP AT wa_details-links INTO wa_link WHERE category = ‘N’.
- In it however, place the links in the table cells. You can also add a border-top/bottom/left/right to make the buttons look bigger if you wish.
<a href = “<%= wa_link-url %>”
style = “color=#ffffff
background-color: ‘background color of your choice;’
- After the end of the loop, close the tables.
The outcome should look something like this: