Here in an example on how to improve the look of the mails sent by the system by sending an approval notification with an approval button and not a link.
The problem is that there is no way to add a button to an e-mail, although it is possible to add the relevant html tag to the mail, it’s not supported. A way to get around the problem is to add a table and use the table cells to look like buttons by using a background color and placing the approval links in the table cells.
I order to do so; you need to replace the SWN_MESSAGE1 bsp application in transaction SWNCONFIG with your own:
For more details see also https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/d8/4ba7408f031414e10000000a1550b0/content.htm
- First you create a table before the links loop in the extended notifications
<table width “100%” border = “0” cellpadding = “0” cellspacing = “0”
style = “color = #ffffff; background-color: ‘background color of your choice‘ “>
- Now create an inner table
<table border = “0” cellpadding = “0” cellspacing = “20”>
- And continue with the regular loop,
LOOP AT wa_details-links INTO wa_link WHERE category = ‘N’.
- In it however, place the links in the table cells. You can also add a border-top/bottom/left/right to make the buttons look bigger if you wish.
<a href = “<%= wa_link-url %>”
style = “color=#ffffff
background-color: ‘background color of your choice;’
- After the end of the loop, close the tables.
The outcome should look something like this: