With S/4HANA Marketing Cloud 1605 you are able to import own SAP HANA Segmentation Views by using the SAP Fiori App “Add Custom View”. You require own SAP HANA Views if you need additional calculated attributes and key figures within the segmentation. This blog will tell you which steps you need to carry out to export SAP standard views into your own SAP HANA Database.
Prerequisites: SAP HANA Database with Schema ABAP
In order to build SAP HANA views for segmentation you need an SAP HANA Database with schema ABAP. You can create yourself a SAP HANA Database in your SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP) Trial Account. See blog post Setup of SAP HANA Database in SAP Hana Cloud Platform Trial Account to build Segmentation Views for S/4HANA Marketing Cloud on how to setup your SAP HCP account accordingly.
Prerequisites: SAP Fiori App “Add Custom Views”
SAP S/4HANA Marketing Cloud offers the SAP Fiori App “Add Custom Views”. The app is part of business catalog “Extensibility – Marketing” (SAP_CEC_BC_MKT_EXT_PC) and business role template “Administrator – Marketing” (BR_ADMINISTRATOR_MKT). You can download the table structure of single tables as well as delivered SAP HANA views for segmentation with their corresponding table structures beneath.
Downloading SAP HANA Views and Table Structures
- Open the app Add Custom Views.
- Choose tab Export View.
- The data source alias are shown. For the segmentation profile “All contacts” the base data source is SAP_CE_CONTACT_IA_ERP_CUSTOMER. Therefore select the data source alias SAP_CE_CONTACT_IA_ERP_CUSTOMER.
- Press Load View. You see a list of all related views.
- Press Export View. A zip file is downloaded to your local machine.
- Unpack the zip file. The folder will contain a folder sap, which contains the calculation views for segmentation, and a table_def.txt file, which contains table structure information.
Import Table Structures to your SAP HANA Database
- Open the table_def.txt file with an editor and copy the whole file content.
- Logon to your SAP HANA Database with Eclipse.
- From the context menu of your SAP HANA database, choose Open SQL Console.
- Paste the file content of the table_def.txt file and Execute it.
Import SAP HANA Views for Segmentation
- Go to File Import
- Select SAP HANA Content Developer Mode and chooseNext.
- Select your SAP HANA Database.
- Choose your extracted folder as Source Folder Location.
- Expand the folder Content and ensure that sap is the root node. Select sap and choose Add.
- Choose Finish.
- The calculation views are imported inactively. You can see them by expanding the Content folder:
- Choose Activate from the context menu of folder hana-app. On the upcoming popup press Activate.
- You can now copy the standard view CA_C_CONTACT_IA_LOCAL_CUSTOMER to your own package and start adding your own columns and key figures.