UPDATED: Announcing the launch of SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 Upgrade Virtual Technical Workshop (Online Videos)
–Updated May 17th 2018–
This online resource has now been merged with the SAP Analytics Value Map site. There are two ways you can get access to the materials;
1) If you are already a member of the Analytics Solutions Value Map, then you can access directly via this link – https://jam4.sapjam.com/groups/28sTbOYgKQGhmeFsmEp9JD/overview_page/zo88YM8WrKZkrOnSgqmuQD
2) Otherwise you will have to register for the first time to gain access via this link – http://support.sap.com/valuemaps
Dear BI Community,
As part of our 2016 BI adoption enablement program, I am very happy to share with you the launch of complimentary SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 Upgrade Virtual Technical Workshop (in the form of videos) to help you (our customers & partners) to successfully move to the latest BI 4.2 release.
What this workshop covers?
This is about enabling customers & partners on value proposition to upgrade to BI 4.2 and on how to deploy & upgrade successfully to the latest release. Following are the range of topics covered through these videos;
- Why Upgrade – key value drivers to move to the latest release
- SAP BusinessObjects BI Maintenance Schedule – how the maintenance schedule helps understand the importance of upgrade
- The new license key requirement in BI 4.2 release
- The new features / functionalities in BusinessObjects BI 4.2 release – platform side and as well client tools (including Web Intelligence and Semantic Layer)
- Best practices and guidelines around Deploying and Configuring SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 release
- Tips and tricks to successfully Update from BI 4.0 / 4.1 to BI 4.2 release
- Things to consider while Upgrade from BOE XI 3.x / R2 to BI 4.2 release
- Why it is important to Migrate from Classic BOBJ / XI R1 / CR x to BI 4.2 release and
- List of Useful Resources to help upgrade to BI 4.2
How to get access?
Fill-in the following details and email to SAPEnableBI@sap.com;
- Your Name, Your Company Name, Contact Email, Phone No & Location:
- Current BusinessObjects Version:
- When you are planning to upgrade to BI 4.2:
Good luck and happy learning…
Great material in an easy to consume format.
thank you Sathish !
Great stuff Sathish!!
This is great Sathish Rajagopal.
Upgrade workshops available online. This is another great initiative.
Thank you Denis, Merlijn, Mani and Shiva.
Great response and feedback so far...
Just sent request..Waiting 😎
Thanks Sathish, This helps customer to go for 4.2.
Really Good Sathish
Have sent an email
You are invites are out already John & Ravichand...others are getting processed at the moment.
Does this include tips on upgrading web tier and SDK? I am wondering if I should uninstall 4.1 opendocument and .net sdk completely and reload 4.2. Great work btw, I will sending out a request!
Hi Bob, that is purely depends upon what exactly you are doing with your SDK piece. There is no common answer as it's based on case by case basis. Best is to reach out to SAP through Support to determine the course of action.
Ok thanks! I just sent a request.
Great initiative Sathish Rajagopal
Thanks for your feedback and comments @Parshant Jain. Appreciate it.
Your invitation is on its way.
I just sent in the req. Sathish we are planning on upgrading our existing wind 2008 R2 BOE XI 4.2 SP4 Update 7 to Windows 2012 and BOE XI 4.2 SP3.Can we remove the node,upgrade the os add the node back. Is this possible
You'll need to do it in 2 steps :
Upgrade OS then upgrade BOE
Upgrade BOE, then upgrade the OS.
Removing one node, upgrading OS and adding node back is absolutely a good way of doing this.