Ocean Carrier Booking for Shippers – Version Upgrade with Carrier Freight Settlement
A new version of SAP TM Ocean Carrier Booking for Shippers rapid-deployment solution V1.93 is out now. It helps to plan, execute, monitor and settle freight cost for ocean transports and respective pre- or on-carriage for receiving and sending goods. It facilitates a quick start to manage the booking of ocean vessel capacity, exchange of shipping instructions, provide container visibility, and verify the freight charges of the carrier invoices.
What’s new with V1.93?
- The package has undergone a technical upgrade to SAP TM 9.3 with SAP ERP 607 and SAP Process Integration 7.4
- Additionally freight settlement is now included in the ocean processes
Package scope covered
The scope covers the three scenarios depicted in the figure below.
Carrier freight settlement has been added as integral part of all the three scenarios.
Figure 1: Scope SAP Ocean Carrier Booking for Shippers rapid-deployment solution
Freight settlement fully integrated
All three scenarios now cover freight charge management. This includes all the functionality and contents to execute freight calculation, invoice verification, cost distribution, and integration to finance. The main steps are summarized below showing the integration between SAP ERP and SAP TM based on a typical freight settlement and charge management procedure:
- The carrier settlement specialists creates a freight settlement document for a dedicated freight booking and sends it to SAP ERP.
- The accounting clerk posts an invoice for the provided carrier transportation service related to a specific freight booking in SAP ERP.
- The carrier settlement specialist views the updated invoice status and assignment in the document flow of the freight booking in SAP TM.
Figure 2: Document flow for a freight booking with updated freight settlement information (SAP TM)
- The controller creates and releases the freight cost distribution to accounting in SAP ERP.
- The controller checks the freight cost distribution in SAP ERP.
Figure 3: Cost distribution impaired with a dedicated freight unit/container (SAP ERP)
For more information on this package, please visit: http://service.sap.com/public/rds-tm-ocb