In Leads, by default the Owner is not getting picked from the Account Team.
The determination of Employee Responsible/Owner in lead depend on the Rules selected in the Business Configuration, Routing Rules maintained in Administration work center, data maintained in Account and Territory.
* Also check Related Documents:
Party Determination Rules at Business Configuration:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Show All Configuration Elements and Find Opportunities.
- Select & open the Opportunities activity.
- Click on Maintain Involved Party.
- Select Owner and click on Maintain Determination.
- Here you can find 4 step of determination for party role Owner:
- Use Rules for Lead Assignment.
- Employee Responsible of Account Team.
- Employee Responsible of Territory Team.
- Current User.
- The system only considers the steps which are marked as Active. At-least one step should be marked as Active.
- In current use case let’s assume that all the steps are set as Active.
How the determination steps maintained in Business Configuration influence the Owner determination in Opportunity:
After entering the required details in the lead:
A. System would first check if the Owner can be determined from the Rules for Lead Assignment maintained in the Administration work center.
B. If above condition is not met, then system will check for the Employee Responsible maintained in the Account Team.
C. If above conditions are not met, then system will check for the Employee Responsible of Territory Team.
D. If all the above conditions fails then the logged-in business user will be defaulted as Owner.
A. Steps to maintain Rules for Lead Assignment:
- Go to the Administration work center.
- Go to the SALES AND MARKETING SETTINGS.
- Click on the Define Rules for Lead Assignment.
- Click on Add Row button to add a new rule.
- You can add multiple rules, Priority would be based on sequence.
- You can use Adapt Column button to add/remove the columns as per your requirement.
- Enter values to the columns based on which you want the owner determination.
- Enter the Owner which is required.
- Actions -> Activate Rules.
B, Steps to maintain Employee Responsible of the Account:
- Go to the Customers work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Search and open the account.
- Go to the Account Team tab.
- Click on Add button.
- Select Party Role as Owner and add select the Name form the Value Help.
- Save your changes.
C. Steps to maintain the Territory Owner:
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Territories view.
- Open the Territory of the account.
- Click on Add.
- Select the party role 142-Owner.
- Select the Name from the value help.
From above analysis we are able to see that as per your Business Configuration Party Determination Rules, the first priority rule is to determine the Owner from the Routing Rules, hence in lead system is picking the owner based upon the routing rule not from the account team.