GRC Tuesdays: 4 Simple Steps to Build Infographics with Your SAP Audit Management Data
IBM and Cisco’s recent studies show over 90% of the data in the world were created in the last two years and 80%+ of the data on the internet is visual. There is a trend to use infographics to communicate that huge amount of information with target audiences. Infographics are also a powerful way for internal auditors to analyze complex data in a visual format that can be simple and quick to consume. For example, PwC’s 2016 State of the Internal Audit Profession offers an infographics report to help the readers explore data from the study.
Creating and communicating audit content that is visually pleasing, easy to read, and consumable by both internal and external stakeholders is not an easy task. Here are four simple steps that can help you get started using SAP BusinessObjects Lumira Desktop.
1.Importing the Data
Many data sources can be imported into SAP BusinessObjects Lumira Desktop. This includes Microsoft Excel, text files, and other data sources. SAP Audit Management data can be accessed using online and offline methods.
2.Select a Chart
The chart builder contains dozens of charts and tables from the palette of chart families.
Let’s explore some of the types of analysis and charts:
- Comparison analysis focus on differences between values, like ongoing audits per country.
- Charts available include Bar Chart, Column Chart, 3D Column Chart Radar Chart, Heat Map, and so on.
- Percentage analysis displays values as ratios to a whole, like percentage of audit findings from financial audits versus operations audits.
- Charts available include Pie Chart, Donut Chart, Stacked Column Chart, and so on.
- Below is a donut chart showing the percentage of audit actions by audit categories.
- Trend analysis shows a trend in the data value over dimensions that are time-based.
- Charts available include Line Chart, Scatter Plot, Bubble Chart, and so on.
- Geographic analysis shows a map of the country object used in the analysis with other dimensions. For example, you can create a simple Geo Pie audit planning chart with a few clicks.
- Select the Geo Pie chart
- Drag and drop the three measures to plot estimated audit efforts by country and audit groups.
- Charts available include Geo Bubble Chart, Geo Pie Chart, and so on. (ESRI ArcGis Online Account maybe required for some geographic charts.)
On the Compose tab, you can create infographics by selecting a template for your infographics. You can then drag and drop charts to the audit management infographics.
The newly created infographics can be shared via an email message or printed charts showing visualized data or a PDF. The infographics templates can also be shared and published on BI servers for real-time collaboration opportunities. For examples, iPad and laptop users can access the same infographics with real-time data.