Load Social Media Data into SAP S/4HANA Marketing Cloud
What is it and how does it work?
The following solution allows you to retrieve the results of social media data queries directly from social media channels (Twitter, and Facebook Pages) and load them into SAP S/4HANA Marketing Cloud. The predefined mapping structures in SAP HANA Cloud Platform, integration service provide an intuitive and standardized procedure to load social media data at no additional cost, as it uses the public application programming interfaces* of the respective providers.
*Public Twitter API doesn’t provide historical data and only provides popular tweets. Facebook Page API is specific particular page that is defined during configuration.
What are the benefits?
- Understand the voice of the customer and turn volumes of social media and enterprise data into meaningful and improve brand loyalty by analyzing customer sentiment and social media signals over time.
- Build customer profiles using both structured and unstructured data across all interaction channels – including public, private, and paid so that you can engage your customer in the right context by understanding each journey, sentiment, interest, and activity.
How to realize the integration
SAP provides predefined integration content(eg: sample field mappings) and step by step configuration guide for the integration. The integration will be realized by deploying out-of-the box integration content by the customer in their SAP HCP, integration tenant connecting their instance of SAP S/4HANA Marketing Cloud. This is shown in the following video for demonstration purposes
How to find the standard integration content
Standard integration content can be found by going to SAP HCP, integration service Content Catalog and filter by “marketing cloud”
Configuration guide can be found by going to the documentation section of the integration
- Required social media accounts and authorizations.
- SAP S/4HANA Marketing Cloud
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform, integration service
- Social Media Channels (Twitter and Facebook)