Optimal performance? Step this way
Last week I wrote about monitoring user adoption. This week I’ve seen it in action. Having spent 3 days training with hands on access to the User Experience Management by KNOA tool I’ve been blown away by using it myself and seeing what it can do.
The dashboards transformed from a good idea into something that was real and incredibly valuable. In an instant I could drill down and see all the things that are usually invisible to organisations which have just spent millions on their new processes and systems; things such as:
- Johnathan, who does the same job as Melanie is making three times as many errors and they are taking up a material amount of his time (and there were a number of Jonathans)
- does he need some 1:1 training to improve his performance?
- The entire purchasing team is encountering a high number of master data errors when changing purchase orders taking up a material amount of time across the organisation
- do the master data processes need improving?
- A few people show a disproportionate amount of idle time
- are they being as productive as they could be?
- 5% of our customised transactions are not being used
- should we consider retiring them instead of paying to maintain them?
- We are about to carry out a Finance migration to S/4 HANA but 10% of our ECC transactions are only accessed rarely and by only 5 users
- do we really need to pay to migrate these transactions?
These examples showed me in a flash that by making these kind of discoveries organisations can quickly:
- Save money
- Simplify their SAP landscape
- Improve data quality
- Improve user adoption
- Improve productivity
When I look at the statistics showing the effect on the bottom line I am convinced that companies are missing a big opportunity if they ignore the impact of errors and interruptions on their business.
Great blog Amanda!