SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central – ERP HCM Prepackaged Integration: how to analyze the configuration errors
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central – ERP HCM Prepackaged Integration: how to analyze the configuration errors.
Scenario: you use SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central (SFEC) to manage employee data and need to replicate employee data from SFEC to the ERP HCM system to run the employee related business processes e.g. payroll in ERP.
You leverage the prepackaged Integration “Replicating Employee Master Data from Employee Central to SAP ERP” (AddOn PA_SE_IN100) to replicate the employee data to SAP ERP HCM infotypes.
The following example shows how to analyze configuration error in the Employee Data Replication from SFEC to ERP:
1. You hired an employee in SFEC. The replication is configured and scheduled.
The replication message is sent to ERP (you could check status in HCI Monitor
or/and in ERP WebService Monitor).
2. However, the employee is not replicated into ERP.
You don’t see the employee data in ERP (e.g. in Display HR Master Data).
If you are using SFEC Data Replication Monitor you see the replication error message in monitor.
If you have access to the Application log in ERP you could check the error in ERP:
Transaction SLG1 –> Object PAOC_SFI_PA:
According to the error message the error occurs as the mapping with value 0004 of code FORM_OF_ADDRESS_CODE is missing.
3. Check the Integration Guide “Replicating Employee Master Data from Employee Central to SAP ERP”-> Search for “FORM_OF_ADDRESS_CODE”.
You will find in Chapter 5.2.5 that the SFEC Code (Picklist) Salutation is mapped to ERP Code (GDT) FORM_OF_ADDRESS_CODE.
The integration delivers the following mapping per default (see:Table PAOCFEC_MAP):
- 0001=Mrs. (ERP code 2)
- 0002=Mr. (ERP code 1)
4. Error message from Application log complains that the mapping with value 0004 is missing.
Check the picklist for the Salutation in SFEC.
SFEC Salutation picklist has following codes:
- 0001 = Ms.
- 0002 = Mr.
- 0004 = Mrs.
Check employee data in SFEC. Employee (Olga Black with Person ID 676767676767) has
You need to adjust the default mapping as it doesn’t meet the settings in SFEC (entry for code 0004 (Mrs.) is not maintained)).
5. Check the ERP table T522G for ERP Title codes.
You see that it has the following entries
- 1 = Mr.
- 2 = Mrs.
- 4 = Ms.
6. Adjust mapping to map the SFEC Salutation codes to ERP Titles (FORM_OF_ADDRESS_CODE) as following:
- Mrs. = EC code 0004 = ERP code 2
- Ms. = EC code 0001 = ERP code 4.
The code mapping for “Mr.” is not to be adjusted: EC code 0002 is already mapped to ERP code 1 per default.
Go to Customizing in ERP “Define Mapping Code Value Lists”:
Add the mapping entries for “FORM_OF_ADDRESS_CODE”:
Save the changes.
7. Re-trigger replication from SFEC e.g. using SFEC Data Replication Monitor.
8. The error is corrected (see ERP Application log and/ or SFEC Data Replication Monitor).
The employee is successfully replicated into ERP.
SFEC Salutation code “Mrs” is mapped to the ERP Title code “Mrs”.
Further information is available in SAP Help portal:
Prepackaged employee master data replication: http://help.sap.com/hr_integration -> Employee Central -> SuccessFactors and SAP ERP: Core Hybrid HCM -> Replicating Employee Master Data from Employee Central to SAP ERP.