if you get the below error from backend system in portal, please follow the steps
Install the below patches in user system.
· ACF712SP00_49-20006190.EXE – this will prevent errors such as “A plugin-in is not responding. Possible the plug-in is deactivated or not installed”
· VISUALBIZ21P_11-20011148.EXE – this will prevent errors regarding “CLASS_ID not found” present in the ACFTrace.
NB: These files need to be downloaded from service market place or we will provide these to windows team.
The correct certificate file needs to reside in %APPDATA%\SAP (For example “%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\SAP\SAPFrontendServiceXXXCLNT3200050569135CF1EE68AB5D8F49A18D376.cer”)
This will prevent such errors as “ACF whitelist certificate missing”
The following steps can be performed in SAPLOGON.EXE to generate this file and copy it to the correct location.
- 1. Start SAP_LOGON.exe
- 2. Log on with the credentials of the User experiencing the ACF Trace issue (Start SAP_LOGO System/Client)
- 3. Execute transaction WDR_ACF_WLIST
- 4. Choose Change Whitelist (F5)
- 5. Click “New Entries” (F5)
- 6. Entered “VB210”, and added some explanatory text in the description (the description is not important).
- 7. Click Save.
- 8. Click Back twice, to get back to the create security list screen.
- 9. Click “Install Certificate”, and click past the subsequent prompts
- 10. Check to see if has copied the file to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\SAP
IF THE INSTALL FAILS, AND THE CERTIFICATE DOES NOT EXIST IN THE ABOVE LOCATION, then perform these additional steps
- 11. Click “Download Certificate”,
- 12. Browse to the “Desktop” and indicate to save it there.
- 13. Go to desktop and copy the certificate from the Desktop to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\SAP