Fiori Analytics on HANA Cloud Platform using Smart Business Service 2
This post is part of the series which will show you how to use SAP Smart Business service on HANA Cloud Platform to help you to visualise content in the form of analytical Fiori tiles and interactive dashboards.
In order to create tiles that display key information from the underlying application data services. We will be using SAP HANA Interactive Education content (SHINE) deployed to our HANA Cloud Platform MDC instance. SHINE comes with pre-enabled data models, tables, views, dashboards etc. for more details on the SHINE please visit the following link: https://github.com/SAP/hana-shine
- Access a trial landscape, you need to have a developer account first. If you still need to create a developer account, you can start from here: Signing Up for a Developer Account.
- Subscription to SAP HANA Cloud Portal is a mandatory precondition referring to the initial post by Murali Shanmugham
To create and configure a trial tenant database, follow these steps:
- Log on to the SAP HANA Cloud Platform cockpit and select an account.
- Choose Databases & Schemas from the menu on the left. Choose New.
- In the Database ID enter a unique ID that contains lower-case letters and numbers.
- In the Database System field select the HANA MDC (<trial>) option. Fill in the SYSTEM User Password field. Choose Save.
The Events page is displayed. It shows the progress of the database creation.
NOTE* If there are no free resources available you will not be able to create a tenant database. You should try again later. Free Trial also offers maximum of three Databases & Schemas which you can assign to your account.
5. Wait until the tenant database is in Started state. This process might take a while.
Now you have your tenant database created and configured. Click on Administration Tools: SAP HANA Cockpit.
6. This will open-up log on screen to an Administrative console (Username: system) and your previously saved password for Database/Schema.
7. New roles will automatically become assigned after your confirmation.
8. This leads us to a SAP HANA Database Administration screen. Click on Manage Roles and Users Tile to proceed.
9. This will open up HANA Web-based Development Workbench: Security screen. Double-Click on the SYSTEM users and search through SYSTEM Users by clicking on the green + sign:
10. Under “Type name to find a role:”, select the following roles:
11. Click on the Save icon:
12. Navigate to SHINE contents available in the github location https://github.com/SAP/hana-shine
Click on the file HCODEMOCONTENT_11.1.tgz and then select “View Raw” to download the delivery unit to your laptop.
13. Upload the delivery unit into your newly created HANA DB. Navigate back to your HANA Cockpit and click on the tile “HANA Application Lifecycle Management”.
14. Click on the Products tile and navigate to the tab “Delivery Units”
Click on “Import” button. Point to the downloaded tgz file and click on “Import”.
Confirm the import by verifying the contents and click on “Import”. The objects will be activated within a minute.
15. Navigate back to the Database Overview screen and launch the Web Development Workbench.
16. Click on “Editor” to launch the development editor
17. You should be able to find a package called “democontent” which contains lot of objects as shown below. Select the index.html file and click on the run icon as shown below.
18. You will be provided with a “403 Forbidden” error message. The reason being we have not added roles which have been created to access this demo content.
19. Navigate back to the HANA Cockpit and open the tile “Manage Roles and users”. Add the below role to the SYSTEM user and Save your changes.
20. We should be now able to run the index.html file available under democontent. You will be initially prompted to check Prerequisites.
21. Click on “Generate Time Data” and “Create Synonyms” and close the popup.
This will now provide access to pre-made applications for you to test some of the features available in HANA. Spend some time exploring few of the applications.
22. Go to your web-based HANA Development workbench screen and open up services – which will represent your services to expose data (the following image depicts some of the key parts of the design-time objects etc.)
23. Go to services > salesByRegion.xsodata and modify code by adding:
Click Save and execute to test XSOdata
24. Go to HCP cockpit Destinations and clone BusinessSystem00 destination * which was create when you initially imported your site. *Refer to my colleague’s post earlier if you are missing your BusinessSystems Destination.
Import New Destination based on the same naming convention * BusinessSystems (this will point HCP Smart Business Services to your currently exposed OData services from your SHINE content). URL should reflect your existing HCP services catalog with DB login credentials.
25. Go back to your Cloud Portal and open up your previously created Launchpad.
For the next steps go to part 3 of this blog: Fiori Analytics on HANA Cloud Platform using Smart Business Service 3.
I am having trail A/c in SAP HCP cockpit. i have done smart business services part-1, in part -2 i have stuck at step-13. when i click on "Administration Tools : SAP HANA Cockpit"
i dint find the the HANA Application Lifecycle Management..
In SAP HANA Cockpit - there is only database administration tiles available.
Thanks! Can you please revise your step 9 and 10 and cross-check that you assigned proper credentials to HANA DB. All of the listed roles need to be applied to access HANA Application Lifecycle Mgmt.
yes. it was my mistake. i missed out the role--sap.hana.xs.Im.roles::Administrator to assign. Now i moved to the 23rd step--
Go to services > salesByRegion.xsodata and modify code by adding:
Click Save and execute to test XSOdata
When i Run i am getting below output.
Now i moved to part-3, step-6, getting below error when choosing 1st parameter--"Select KPI or OPI"
I ignored this error, filled all fields as per document and moved further to step -11, Here I am clicking on "Configure" butoon but its not responding..
Could you please suggest how to move further..
I am facing same issue and unable to configure, any luck ?
I have repeated all steps from Life cycle management but no luck...
Do you have any idea how we can populate IoT table to any dashboard.
I tried for Cloud for Analytics but it comes for charge.
Unless you are asking for clarification/correction of some part of the Document, please create a new Discussion marked as a Question. The Comments section of a Blog (or Document) is not the right vehicle for asking questions as the results are not easily searchable. Once your issue is solved, a Discussion with the solution (and marked with Correct Answer) makes the results visible to others experiencing a similar problem. If a blog or document is related, put in a link. Read the Getting Started documents (link at the top right) including the Rules of Engagement.
NOTE: Getting the link is easy enough for both the author and Blog. Simply MouseOver the item, Right Click, and select Copy Shortcut. Paste it into your Discussion. You can also click on the url after pasting. Click on the A to expand the options and select T (on the right) to Auto-Title the url.
Thanks, Mike (Moderator)
SAP Technology RIG
did you solve your problem concerning "OData4SAP annotations missing"?
what about that issue described by Ash?
I did everything 100% as described by the blog authors but still get(like ash) the "OData4SAP annoatations missing" Error, please help.
Did someone solved this problem? Facing the same...
I was facing same issue, but when i logged out from Hana cockpit, and logged in gain. Those new tiles were there. Hope it works for you as well.
Make sure you manually logoff first.
In step 24, what does "URL should reflect your existing HCP services catalog with DB login credentials." actually mean?
I can see the BusinessSystem00 has the url https://ssbserviceu2aa57004-s0003529466trial.hanatrial.ondemand.com/ssbservice but it isn't clear what url should be assigned to BusinessSystem01 when it is created.
Use the URL displayed when you tested the ODATA service minus the endpoint. Should be something like this:
Unfortunately it does not work.
excellent blog !