Geberit has 72% reduction in DB w/ HANA – hear their S/4HANA story next week
Geberit sanitary and piping systems are globally renowned in the plumbing and HVAC industries.
Like many building products companies, Geberit wanted to future-proof its IT platform. By switching from an old database to the SAP HANA platform, the company drastically simplified IT administration, improved the user experience, cut costs and reduced its database size by 72%.
Geberit achieved these benefits – link to story for more details:
- simplified user experience and installation
- Central storage instead of distributed systems
- Highly streamlined system admin and maintenance
- Greater flexibility and cost savings in hardware procurement
- 72% less database volume (from 180 GB with Oracle to 50 GB with SAP HANA)
Geberit next implemented S/4HANA applications and Fiori interfaces with many additional benefits below.
- Fast response times
- Quick answers to day to day questions
- Manage data sets and reports that were previously not feasible
- Increased simplicity and broader user adoption
- Enhanced user interfaces
- More self-service options
- Much higher % use of BI tools in the company
- Faster planning and forecasting
- Monthly rolling as opposed to annual
- Better transparency and predictability
- One source of the truth
- Ability to run on mobile
They will talk about their S/4HANA experiences and their digital transformation journey at the SAP Building Materials Forum in Walldorf Germany, July 7-8.
For more insights into Digital Transformation in Building Products – download this white paper (short reg required).