Last week at the SAPinsider Financials conference in Vienna
Last week, June 19th to 23rd, many finance and IT professionals from all over the world gathered in Vienna, Austria for the at SAPinsider Financials conference. The conference covered various topics such as Financial Accounting, Treasury, Shared Services, S/4HANA and others. I personally was most interested in the Accounting and Financial Close topics particularly the latest developments around SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Performance Management suite of products.
I enjoyed presenting 3 sessions:
1. An end-to-end tour of SAP solutions to accelerate the financial close and disclosure process
This was a 3 hour jump start session on Sunday where we went into Accounting and Financial Close detail covering:
- Accelerate and reduce the effort of intercompany reconciliations
- Achieve real-time insight into the financial close progress and financial results on your mobile device
- Automate financial consolidation, accelerate the close process, and remove error-prone manual processes
- Improve financial statement production and management reporting
2. Tips and techniques to close your books more efficiently with SAP S/4HANA Finance
This One hour session on Monday covered:
- Typical pain points that slow down the financial hard close and soft close capabilities of SAP ERP powered by SAP S/4HANA Finance for faster period-end processes
- New and planned capabilities of SAP Accounting powered by SAP S/4HANA Finance that support soft financial closes
- Solutions for financial insight and close monitoring on mobile devices
3. The “C” in BPC: Understand and exploit the consolidation functionality of SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation and SAP S/4HANA Finance
This one hour session on Tuesday was extremely well attended, the room was full. We covered:
- Managing currency translation, automating consolidation calculations, validations, and controls
- Automating, standardizing and centralizing your processes to achieve a shorter and more transparent financial close
- Taking advantage of the financial consolidation options available with SAP S/4HANA Finance
Thack Brown and Ivo Bauermann did a fantastic KeynoteAddress: Finance is live: Reimagine financial management and risk for the digital economy. Here Ivo and Damien Fribourg Share the stage delivering a SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation Optimized for S/4HANA demo:
It was extremely well attended and all the feedback I heard was extremely positive, it is an exciting time to work in Finance.
I also supported the Solution Center for Finance where attendees were able to setup one on one sessions with vaious experts to help personalize the various Finance topic in discussions that were focused on the customers’ requirements specifically. I met with many different customers covering vaious topics including Entity Close Management with SAP Financial Closing Cockpit and Consolidation with SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation Optimized for S/4HANA.
I look forward to future conferences: www.sapinsider.wispubs.com/Conferences