How to send PDFs to Print Queue with ABSL
Here is how to use OutputManagementUtilities.CreatePrintQueueItem to send custom PDFs to Print Queue.
Please check this help document : Set Up Printing Using the Print Manager
Here is ABSL code.
There is also OutputManagementUtilities.CreatePrintQueueItemWithFormTemplate method. But we cannot use it successfully, yet. Please share us back if you know how.
i have tried the same but somehow unable to succeed,
My code below
error while run the code
According to the error message, you are using invalid Print User ID.
Is "99994" the print user assigned to the print queue "Queue1" ?
Thanks for the support,
I tired as the same and currently the scripting is successfully passed.
but no result in the printing
PrintUUID is just a temp variable. You don't event have to use it.
After CreatePrintQueueItem has been successfully processed, your PDF will be added to Queued Document of the print queue (in your case CustomForm)".
Have you checked it in Queued Document?
Printing from the print queue to the printer is handled by Print Manager.
Please check Help Document : Set Up Printing Using the Print Manager
Thanks for your continuous support,
There is no Queued document,
1. You need to set "Save After Execution" in BOAction. Did you check it?
2. Have you done setting up SAP Print Manager? Sometimes, SAP Print Manager works a bit strange. It set print tasks to "Processed" before the documents have been actually printed. Please also check your PDF in Processed Documents.
Thanks for your continuous support , we got up-to the Queued document,
but dont know how to do the printing from here
can you guide me
1. Download SAP Print Manager from Download Center
2. Install on a server (just like we do for a print server) which needs to run 24/7.
3. Configure Print Manager (Connecting Print Queue and Print Manager)
Please check : Help Document : Set Up Printing Using the Print Manager in Help Center.
Thanks for the support, Now fine , Now i can able do the automatic printing 🙂
it reduce lot of time,
Dear Fred, Rudhra
Could you please share your idea that why the document name always be "Test Print Page"?
I have tried to change it several times but not success.
Hi @Rudhra Udayakumar/Fred K,
How do you change the document name?
I'm able to send PDFs to my print queue but document names are always blank even though I tried setting the names.
Thanks for sharing Fred.
Nice Blog, Fred. Thanks.