100 Most important SAP PP Interview Questions.
100 Most important SAP PP Interview Questions.
1. What is MTS and MTO and the difference between them?
2. Different types of consumption based planning.
3. What is MPS and difference between MRP and MPS?
4. Explain the Difference between the Discreet and REM.
5. Difference between PP and PI.
6. Explain PI sheet.
7. What is the Difference between TECO and CLSD?
8. What is Backflush, the places where the backflush is used?
9. What are the MRP master data?
10. What is MRP group?
11. What is MRP Area or How can I excluede one storage location stock from MRP?
12. What is MRP Profile and MRP Group?
13. When you run MRP, What steps it Perform in Back ground or How do you schedule BG job for MRP
14. Which MRP types you have used?
15. What is Planning time Fence?
16. What is the difference between the fixing type 1, 2, 3, 4?
17. What is time phased Planning?
18. Difference between Manual reorder point and Automatic reorder point.
19. What are the lot size you have used?
20. In the monthly lot size proc, how to generate lot at the end of Period?
21. Different types of scrap or difference between types of scraps.
22. Special Procurement type 40 – proc. form alt. plant
23. What is Phantom Assembly?
24. What is collective order. Pre requisite of the collective order?
25. What is Schedule Margin key. How floats works in scheduling?
26. What are the strategy groups you have used?
27. What is requirement class and requirement type?
28. What is the SPRO Path for requirement class and req. type?
29. Difference between different strategy groups.
30. What is Individual and collective requirements and differecne between them in MTO scenario?
31. What is REM or What is REM profile
32. Have you used Pull list or back flushing in REM?
33. What is SOP and types of SOP?
34. Explain Flexible Planning procedure or How many levels of Flexible planning.
35. What is Material status and which view of the material master it is available?
36. What is Production scheduling Profile and use of it?
37. Difference between byproduct and co-product.
38. What are the Important tables in PP, QM?
39. Can we create a production order without BOM and Routing?
40. What is planned consumption and unplanned consumption?
41. What are the different type of BOM usage?
42. Which BOM item category you have used?
43. Difference between Item categories or what is variable size item or non stock item.
44. What is alternate item group?
45. What is recursive BOM
46. What is alternative BOM, or diff between BOM group and Group BOM?
47. Difference between Routing, Ref op set, Rate routing and Ref rate routing.
48. Steps to configure Production order type.
49. What are the parameters are there in Order type or in dependent para. config?
50. Once the Production order is created, how to change the BOM and routing in that order?
51. How do you do capacity planning ?
52. How do you carry out capacity leveling?
53. What do you mean by pooled capacity?
54. Can you dispatch capacity for a single work center?
55. What is finite scheduling?
56. How do you integrate HR (employee) with PP?
57. How can you create production order without routing and BoM?
58. Explain what is PRT – how many types of PRT is used?
59. How to create PRT master record?
60. What is trigger Point. What are the setting required to trigger one action?
61. What are the levels of batch, explain batch determination process?
62. Question related to Production order status or status profile?
63. Explain LTP.
64. Integration between PP and SD module.
65. Integration between PP and PM module.
66. Integration between PP and QM Module.
67. Integration between PP and MM Module.
68. Explain Kanban.
69. Explain Planning file entry.
70. Difference between NETCH, NETPL and NEUPL.
71. Difference between MD01, MD02 and MD03.
72. What is scope of planning?
73. What do you do to run MRP for just one MRP Controller?
74. Explain customer Independent requirement .
75. What is the transaction code to run MRP for sales order?
76. What is the transaction code to execute forecast, and explain types of forecast model?
77. What parameters you maintain in “plant parameters” in configuration?
78. SPRO path for order, confirmation or requirement class.
79. Difference between MD04 and MD05.
80. What are the key fields in MRP views?
81. What is Variant configuration?
82. Different types of Object Dependencies.
83. What is Auto GR?
84. Explain Availability check.
85. Explain different inspection type you used .
86. Explain In-process inspection.
87. Explain source inspection.
88. What is the use of QM control key?
89. What are the types of MIC?
90. What is the purpose of Catalog? how you reverse UD?
91. What is Inspection Points?
92. Explain DMR.
93. Difference between plan cost, Actual cost and target cost.
94. Difference between standard cost and variable cost.
95. What is primary cost and secondary cost?
96. How system calculate the actual cost?
97. What is activity type and how it works in costing?
98. Explain the process of Material costing.
99. Why and how you calculate WIP?
100. Explain transaction code KO88 or CO88.
These are most common and important questions which are usually asked into the interviews. Hope this will help a lot of new guys and also the interviewer. Some configuration or scenario related question we can include but than the list will be too long.
Please also suggest if you have any interesting questions. I will add into the list.