The SAP HANA Installation and Update on YouTube has just been updated with 19 new videos for SAP HANA SPS 12. In this playlist you will find a broad range of topics covered related to installing and updating the SAP HANA server, client and other components but also where to download the software, what are the requirements, etc.
In this blog I will provide an overview of the blogs and YouTube playlist published on this topic together with an short introduction to each of the videos of the SAP HANA Installation – SPS 12 playlist.
Playlists and Blogs
SAP HANA Installation Certification
The components of SAP HANA can only be installed on validated hardware running an approved operating system by certified hardware partners, or any person holding an E_HANAINS certification or the C_HANATEC11 certification. Recently, SAP Education announced that the E_HANAINS specialisation certifications will be retired end of 2016 (Recent changes in the SAP HANA Technology certification program 2016). However, SAP HANA installation is still a big part of the C_HANATEC certification, which remains the requirement for the Tailored Data Center Integration (TDI) program.
To help you pass this exam, I have written two blogs about this certification:
- SAP Certified Technology Specialist: SAP HANA Installation (Edition 2015) – by the SAP HANA Academy
- SAP Certified Technology Specialist: SAP HANA Installation – by the SAP HANA Academy
The blog about the C_HANATEC certification needs an update as it is for the 2014 edition. An update is planned for later this year:
SAP HANA Academy YouTube Playlists
Complete SAP HANA installation playlist:
- SAP HANA Installation – SPS 12 – YouTube (19 videos)
- SAP HANA Installation – SPS 11 – YouTube (18 videos)
- SAP HANA Installation – SPS 10 – YouTube (6 videos)
- SAP HANA Installation – SPS 09 – YouTube (6 videos)
- SAP HANA Installation – SPS 08 – YouTube (17 videos)
- SAP HANA Installation – SPS 07 – YouTube (9 videos)
What’s New Overview Blogs On SCN
For an overview of what’s new topics, see
- SAP HANA SPS 12 What’s New: Installation and Update – by the SAP HANA Academy
- SAP HANA SPS 11 What’s New: Installation and Update – by the SAP HANA Academy
- SAP HANA SPS 10 What’s New: Platform Lifecycle Management – by the SAP HANA Academy
- Installing SAP HANA SPS 08: What’s New – by the SAP HANA Academy
- What’s new in SAP HANA SPS 7: Installation and Update – by the SAP HANA Academy
SAP HANA Installation and Update – SPS 12
The first video briefly explains what’s new with SPS 12 for installation and update and covers the topics:
- Download Components tile for the SAP HANA Cockpit for a direct connection to the SAP Software Download Center
- Extract Components action for the Platform Lifecycle Management tool
The next video covers the Product Availability Matrix (PAM) from the SAP Support Portal where you can find all the necessary information needed before installing SAP HANA software with direct links to the SAP Software Download Center (SWDC).
The next video covers where to find SAP HANA software, both support package stacks (SPS) and intermediate revisions, on the software download center (SWDC).
The next video addresses SAP HANA edition and options. See also SAP HANA editions and options – by the SAP HANA Academy
The next video covers installation concepts.
The next video discusses installation requirements.
The next video discusses the Platform Lifecycle Management tool.
The next video shows how to install a single-host SAP HANA system.
The next video shows how to perform an SAP HANA installation in batch mode for automated installations.
The next video shows how to perform a multi-tenant database container (MDC) SAP HANA system installation.
The next video shows how to perform an SAP HANA XS Advanced Runtime installation.
The next video shows how to add a component to an SAP HANA system using the SAP HANA Platform Lifecycle Management tool.
The next video shows how you can uninstall an SAP HANA system.
The next video shows how you can perform an SAP HANA system update.
The next video shows how you can add components like the Application Function Library (AFL) to an SAP HANA system in batch mode (unattended).
The next video shows how you can perform an SAP HANA system update using a lesser-privileged user.
The next video shows how you can perform the post-installation configuration task Data Volume Encryption.
The next video shows how to install the SAP HANA client on Linux and Microsoft Windows
The last video shows how to install the SAP HANA studio on Linux, Microsoft Windows and Apple MacOS X.
Thank you for watching
The SAP HANA Academy provides technical enablement, implementation and adoption support for customers and partners with 1000’s of free tutorial videos.
For the full library, see SAP HANA Academy Library – by the SAP HANA Academy
For the full list of blogs, see Blog Posts – by the SAP HANA Academy
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel for updates
- Join us on LinkedIn linkedin.com/in/saphanaacademy
- Follow us on Twitter @saphanaacademy
- Google+ plus.google.com/+saphanaacademy
- Facebook facebook.com/saphanaacademy