A few days ago Haythem OUESLATI announced in his blog “SAP HANA Training and Certification Program 2016″ that the E_HANAINS151 – SAP Certified Technology Specialist – SAP HANA Installation will be retired. So what does that mean for you?
As you know the SAP HANA Technology certification portfolio currently includes the following training certifications:
- C_HANATEC_11 – SAP Certified Technology Associate – SAP HANA SPS11:
The prerequisites for this exam are the training courses HA200, HA240 and HA250.
- E_HANAINS151 – SAP Certified Technology Specialist – SAP HANA Installation:
The prerequisites for this exam are the courses HA200, self-study on the installation and update guides for the SAP HANA database, Studio and client software and the chapters on the SAP HANA Lifecycle Management in the SAP HANA Administration guide.
As of the certification C_HANATEC_11, the certification exam also includes installation, update and troubleshooting topics. So there is an overlap in the two certifications. To make this situation clearer for the SAP HANA consultants and administrators the certification E_HANAINS151 will be retired as announced in the blog Haythem Oueslati.
Why is this change important to me?
You might be already SAP HANA Installation certified, our studying for this exam. So here are the facts:
- E_HANAINS151 will be retired by the end of 2016. In the meantime the certification can still be booked.
- After the retirement of the E_HANAINS151 exam the C_HANATEC_11 (or higher) will be seen as the replacement exam.
- The C_HANATEC_11 will combine the HANATEC and HANAINS certifications. This means that when you have passed C_HANATEC_11 you are also allowed to perform SAP HANA installations.
What should I study to pass the C_HANATEC_11 (or higher)?
If you want to be able to pass the C_HANATEC_11 and perform a successful SAP HANA installations in a SAP HANA Tailored Datacenter Integration (TDI) environment you should study the following materials:
- HA100 – SAP HANA Introduction
- HA200 – SAP HANA Installation and Administration
- HA240 – SAP HANA Authorizations, Scenarios & Security Requirements
- HA250 – Migration to SAP HANA Using the Database Migration Option (DMO)
- The SAP HANA installation and update guides (SAP HANA database, SAP HANA studio and SAP HANA client software)
- The SAP HANA Lifecycle Management chapters in the SAP HANA Administration guide
Which SAP HANA version belongs to which exam?
For all the mentioned training courses and extra self-study materials you need to study the correct SAP HANA materials. To make sure that you always know what SAP HANA version is used for the certification exam the exam code includes the SAP HANA SPS number (C_HANATEC_xx means SAP HANA SPSXX). So if you registered for the C_HANATEC_11 then you need to study the SAP HANA SPS11 materials.
Here is an overview on the current status of the SAP HANA certifications:
- C_HANATEC141 => SAP HANA SPS07 (will be retired on 30.06.2016)
- C_HANATEC142 => SAP HANA SPS08 (The installation certification E_HANAINS151 still required)
- C_HANATEC151 => SAP HANA SPS09 (The installation certification E_HANAINS151 still required)
- C_HANATEC_10 => SAP HANA SPS10 (The installation certification E_HANAINS151 still required)
- C_HANATEC_11 => SAP HANA SPS11 (No need for E_HANAINS151 anymore)
- C_HANATEC_12 => SAP HANA SPS12 (No need for E_HANAINS151 anymore)
The full list of valid certifications can be found here.
What is the advantage for me?
Before C_HANATEC_11 you needed to have a valid C_HANATEC_xx certification before you could enroll for the E_HANAINS151 exam, so you needed to sit both exams. Now with the retirement of E_HANAINS151 at the end of 2016 you only need to sit only one exam and you will become SAP HANA Administration and SAP HANA Installation certified. Be aware that this only applies as of C_HANATEC_11 or newer.
For consultants and admins who are already C_HANATECxxx and E_HANAINSxxx certified, they can now update both their certifications in one go by sitting the exam C_HANATEC_11 (or higher).
The certifications for SAP HANA 1.0 SPS12 are available. Because SPS12 is the last support package stack for SAP HANA 1.0 we have created a full certification and a delta certification. The delta certification can be used to update your older SAP HANA certification the SPS12 level.
Full certification: C_HANATEC_12
Delta certification: D_HANATEC_12 One of the following exams can be used as a pre-requisite exam for this certification: C_HANATEC141 or C_HANATEC142 or C_HANATEC151 or C_HANATEC_10 or C_HANATEC_11.
If you pass C_HANATEC_12 or D_HANATEC_12 you will become a SAP Certified Technology Associate – SAP HANA on SPS12. This means that you are allowed to perform SAP HANA TDI installations.
The certification for SAP HANA 2.0 is available. There are big changes in the SAP HANA Administration tools, so also all the courses belonging to have been updated to SAP HANA 2.0.
Full certification: C_HANATEC_13
Recommended courses for the Learning Journey for starters in the SAP HANA world:
- HA100 Col13: SAP HANA Introduction
- HA200 Col13: SAP HANA 2.0 Installation and Administration
- HA240 Col13: Authorization, Security and Scenarios
- HA250 Col13: Migration to SAP HANA using DMO
Alternative Learning Journey if you are certified SAP HANA 1.0:
- HATD20: SAP HANA 2.0 Technology Delta
In this course the participants install and administrate a SAP HANA 2.0 and SAP HANA Cockpit 2.0. The course covers the most important tasks for the daily work of a SAP HANA platform administrator using SAP HANA Cockpit 2.0. Furthermore, it provides details about backup and recovery, changing the configuration, troubleshooting, creating audit policies, setup users/roles and assuring the high-availability of a SAP HANA 2.0 system. The improvements in Database Migration Option (DMO) will also be discussed.
Retired SAP HANA Technology certifications:
- C_HANATEC131 is retired.
- C_HANATEC141 is retired.
- C_HANATEC142 is retired.
- C_HANATEC151 is retired.
- C_HANATEC_10 is retired.
- All E_HANAINS* are retired.
Soon to be retired SAP HANA Technology certification:
- C_HANATEC_11 will be retired on 31.12.2017
Valid certification SAP HANA 1.0
- C_HANATEC_12 – SAP Certified Technology Associate – SAP HANA (Edition 2016)
- D_HANATEC_12 – SAP Certified Technology Associate – SAP HANA SPS12 (Delta)
Valid certification SAP HANA 2.0
- C_HANATEC_13 – SAP Certified Technology Associate – SAP HANA 2.0
The C_HANATEC_13 also allows you to perform SAP HANA TDI installations.