SAP Business ByDesign now offers the possibility to do a collective revision for resource cost rates via the new work center view „Labor Cost Rate Run”.
Furthermore you can create new resources with the resource cost rates.
Therefore you need the mentioned view “Labor Cost Rate Run” of the work center “cost and revenue”.
As this is no standard view you need to ask for the activation of the view due to an incident.
In this view you can create and schedule a run to create new resource costs based on details as cost center, job, cost rate and cost unit.
This is an automated function which is an alternative to the manually creation of resources in the view „Resources“ of the work center „Cost and Revenue“.
To create the run there are two options:
1. Create a Labor Cost Rate Run in the system itself
2. Upload Labor Cost Rates from Microsoft Excel
Second one is suitable to create or change a huge amount of data sets.
1) Create a Labor Cost Rate Run in the system itself
1. In the Labor Cost Rates view, click “New “and choose “Labor Cost Rate Run” to open the “New Labor Cost Rates Run” screen.
2.Under General Data, enter a run ID and, if required, a description for the run.
3.Under Control Parameters, enter the date from which the labor resources are valid. Use this option if you want to enter the same Valid From date for all the labor resources that you create using the run.
4.Under Selection Criteria, click Add Row to add the details that will be used to create the labor resource:
•Cost Rate (The unit of currency for the cost rate is defaulted from the cost center’s company.)
5.If you want to create more resources in the same run, click Add Row to add the details.
6.Save the run and set it to active. You have the following options:
•If you do not want to schedule a run, click “Close”.
•If you want to schedule a run, click “Schedule”. For more information, see the SAP Help Document “Schedule a Labor Cost Rate Run”.
2) Upload Labor Cost Rates from Microsoft Excel
1.In the Labor Cost Rates view, click “New” and choose “Labor Cost Rate Run from Microsoft Excel®” to download the Microsoft Excel template for uploading labor cost rates and save the template on your local computer.
If you have not installed the latest Add-In for Microsoft Excel, install this add-in from the Download area.
2. In the downloaded template, enter a run ID and, if required, a description for the run.
3. Enter the details that will be used to create the labor resource. Enter the date from which the labor resource shall be valid.
4. Enter the unit of currency for the cost rate, as this value is not defaulted in the template.
5. If you want to create more labor resources in the same run, and enter the details in subsequent rows of the template. If you add blank rows to the template, the details for labor resources will not be uploaded into the system.
6. Logon to the system via the button “Login” in the “SAP Business ByDesign” tab. In the Log On to SAP Business ByDesign dialog box:
•Select a system and enter a user name and password. Recent URLs shows your last system logons. If you want the system to store your user name and password, select Remember my user name and password.
•When you have entered the required information, click Log On in the dialog box.
7. To upload the details for the labor resources into the system, click “Save Data to”. The system performs a number of consistency checks. If error messages are issued, no details for any labor resource are uploaded. Correct the errors and click Save Data to again.
8. In the “Labor Cost Rates” view, select the run and click “Edit”.
9. Save the run and set it to active. You than have the following options: •If you do not want to schedule a run, click Close. •If you want to schedule a run, click Schedule. For more information, see the help document “Schedule a Labor Cost Rate Run”.
Good luck with the new function!
We welcome you on our german Data One – SAP Business ByDesign – Blog: http://bydprojekt.blogspot.de/