You want to use the Rapid Data Migration to SAP S/4HANA (http://service.sap.com/public/rds-dm2s4op) Best Practices content for SAP Data Services. You own an SAP S/4HANA license and thus,either have a run time (REAB) or full use HANA license. This HANA license includes a limited use license of SAP Data Services software, restricted to loading data into SAP HANA (called Data Integrator license). This fills the minimum requirement for the SAP Rapid Data Migration to SAP S/4HANA content. This includes full ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) used to extract data from heterogeneous source systems, the transformation and mapping, the validation and the data load.
This document’s intend is to explain step-by-step how to request a SAP Data Integrator key code for using SAP Data Services software to perform the data migration to SAP S/4HANA.
1) Go to http://support.sap.com/licensekey , click on “New License key application”:
2) Next, login using your S-User ID credentials:
3) Enter the installation number if you have it handy or just click on the “Search” button:
4) Select the installation number under which you want to request the license key, in this case it will be BOBJ T INST:
5) Next, click on “Add System”:
6) Enter SAP Data Integrator as Product, SAP Data Integrator XI R2 as Version:
7) Next, fill in the below details and click “Continue”:
Note: System ID must be exactly 3 alphanumeric character, starting with letter A-Z. For example in the below screenshot we have entered ZDI. This can be anything of your choice.
System name, System Type and Operating system you can choose based on your requirements.
8) Click on “Add License Key”:
9) Fill in the below details and click “Add”:
Material Number is contract specific. In general you will have one of the following Material number as option with your DI license:
7018066 SAP HANA, RT ed Applic & BW-new/subsq (Unlimited License)
7017688 SAP BusinessObjects BI Suite (user) (Licensed=5)
7017877 SAP BusinessObjects BI Suite (CS) (Licensed=2)
10) Check the box and click on “Generate”:
11) The Data Integrator license key gets generated and is displayed in the highlighted area:
You can further edit or delete it based on your requirements.
Once the license key is generated, you can assign it to the SAP Data Services by the following steps:
1) In the SAP Data Services menu, click on SAP License Manager:
2) A new window will have options to view, add and remove the licenses. In this document we will
focus on the adding option:
3) To add the new license enter the following code :
D:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\DataServices\bin>LicenseManager.exe -a <License Key>
The license key generated in the above section should be entered for <License Key>.
On “Enter” you will get the following message:
4) Once the code is successfully added, you can login to your SAP Data Services Designer and import the free Rapid Data Migration to SAP S/4HANA (http://service.sap.com/public/rds-dm2s4op) content to migrate your data into SAP S/4HANA.