Managing Query View Description
Managing Query View Description :
In some MDG system the Description of the Query View may not be present. (Highlighted in yellow in the Fig 1) .Instead name of the Query View will be displayed if description is not maintained.This document provides you the steps , how to maintain the Query View Description of the Graph in the initial screen of SAP-MDG .
Fig 1 Screen-shot showing the Graph where Description is not maintained Initially.
Steps to maintain Query View Description :
1. Click the settings => Properties , of the Graph for which Description has to be maintained.
Fig 2 Screen-shot showing the Step 1
2. Properties of the Graph is shown (Name & Provider ).
Fig 3 Properties in Detail
We can see that provider is Business Context Viewer. So configuration for changing the description should be done in Business Context Viewer settings in SPRO.
Name of the Query View : 1MDG_EDTN_MY_CR_QV.
3. Go to the transaction SPRO. Click SAP Reference IMG.
Fig 4 Initial SPRO screen
Fig 5 SAP Customizing Implementation Guide => Cross-Application Component
5. Click Processes and Tools for Enterprise Applications.
Fig 6 Cross-Application Component => Processes and tools for Enterprise Applications
6. Note that Graph is the Business Context Viewer. So configuration has to be done under Business Context Viewer => User Interface => Define Query Views. Click Business Context Viewer.
Fig 7 Business Context Viewer
7. Click User Interface.
Fig 8 User Interface Step
8. Click Define Query Views.
Fig 9 Query View
9. Name of the Query View : 1MDG_EDTN_MY_CR_QV (Marked in yellow – First Column ) . We can view that Description field is empty (Marked in yellow – Second Column) . This is the reason why graph description is not shown in the SAP MDG initial screen.
Fig 10 Description Change configuration page
10. Change the Description as required and save it in TR. (Here we have changed the description as My Change Requests).
Fig 11 Description changed image
11. Now the Graph description is changed to My Change Requests.
Fig 12 Result in MDG-M initial screen
Thus the steps for changing the Description of Query View.