Dear Retail community members,
Please note the brand name “Hybris” has been removed from all products, including SAP Hybris Commerce.
The new product names are SAP
Hybris Commerce. This also affects name of the integration package, which hence has been renamed into “SAP Hybris Commerce, integration package for SAP for Retail”. Apart from that, nothing has changed.
As you know SAP Commerce is a generic, backend agnostic commerce platform. Therefore it is not bound to an SAP environment, but is designed to run standalone in any environment.
As a consequence it is designed to flexibly adapt to ANY backend system.
A specific integration to backend(s) is typically provided as an “extension” to SAP Commerce.
For SAP Retail back end, SAP CAR and other SAP Retail solutions, SAP offers an extension to integrate with SAP (Hybris) Commerce and the Commerce Data Hub, the so-called
“SAP Commerce, integration package for SAP for Retail” (simply called “IPR”).
The “SAP Commerce, integration package for SAP for Retail” package provides SAP Retail specific enhancements to the SAP Commerce Data Hub semantics and to the on-prem based SAP Commerce solution in terms of
- Article Data Management and replication
- Omnichannel Article Availability and Dynamic Order Sourcing
- Omnichannel Promotion Pricing and Service
- In-Store Customer Engagement based on Hybris Assisted Service Mode
SAP Commerce on-prem vs. SAP Commerce Cloud on MS Azure
Please note the IPR only supports on-prem editions of SAP Commerce.
Read this blog to learn more about the SAP Retail Omnichannel integration with SAP Commerce Cloud.
The SAP Commerce Cloud edition is the leading SAP Commerce solution going forward. There are monthly shipments compared to just annual shipments for SAP Commerce on-prem.
Typically the “May” release of the SAP Commerce on-prem edition receives all the updates the Cloud edition has seen for the last 11 months. Disclaimer of course applies.
IPR package for SAP Commerce on-premise edition:
So the SAP Commerce, integration package for SAP for Retail (aka “IPR”) is relevant for SAP (Hybris) Commerce on-prem customers, to leverage the integration with the SAP Retail Omnichannel Commerce innovationsand omnichannel capabilities in SAP CAR:
Fig.1: SAP Commerce, integration package for SAP for Retail – component and integration coverag
IPR version overview / top down:
Version 1808 – compatible with SAP Commerce 1808 – SAP Note 2667290
- This release provides a compatibility update to SAP Hybris Commerce 1808
- Please note: release versions have been changed into YYMM nomenclature. Therefore 2.8 becomes 1808 now
- no further product features
Version 2.7 – SAP Hybris Commerce 6.7 – SAP Note 2645886 /
- Required product versions:
- SAP S/4HANA 1709 FPS02 or SAP Retail 6.0 EHP7 SP14 resp. EHP8 SP10
- SAP Customer Activity Repository 3.0 FP03
- SAP Fiori for SAP Customer Activity Repository retail applications bundle 3.0 FP3
- required for the SAP Fiori apps needed for sourcing, with SAPUI5 version 1.44.<xx> or higher, with <xx> being the latest patch level
- SAP Hybris Marketing 1608
- SAP Hybris Commerce 6.7
- SAP Hybris Commerce, integration package for SAP for Retail 2.7
- Compatibility update to
- SAP Hybris Commerce 6.6
- Compliant to new EU Global Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) becoming effective on May, 25th 2018.
- Compatible with
- SAP Hybris Commerce 6.5
- SAP CAR 3.0 FP02 / CARAB 2.0 FP02
- OAA: compatibility with SAP S/4HANA 1709 incl. 40 digit material numbers
- OPP: New version of the promotion pricing service, supporting / including
- complex product groups (mix-and match and excludes);
- enhanced extensibility concept
- performance optimization
- SAP backends
- SAP ERP Retail EhP7 SP14
- SAP ERP Retail EhP8 SP07
- SAP S/4HANA 1709 (on premise)
- Compatibility update to
- SAP Hybris Commerce 6.4
- S/4HANA 1709 Retail & Fashion Management – Backends now supported
- Omnichannel Article Availability and Sourcing (OAA) in SAP CAR 3.0 FP1 / SAP CARAB 2.0 SPS2 – Prep for S/4HANA 1709
- ATP parallelization in S/4HANA to enable OAA with SAP CAR
- upcoming IPR 2.5 and CARAB 2.0 FP02 required
- Omnichannel Promotion Pricing (OPP) in SAP CAR 3.0 FP1 / SAP CARAB 2.0 SPS2
- New OPP Pricing engine Version 2.0
- More OPP promotion types and new features
- SD order Integration with OPP Promotion Pricing incl. Bonus Buy now in ERP and S/41709 – see above
- Compatibility update to
- SAP Hybris Commerce 6.3
- SAP ERP Retail Enhancement package 7 SP13 and Enhancement package 8 SP04
- (Upcoming) SAP Customer Activity Repository CAR 3.0 FP01 (includes CARAB 2.0 FP1)
- SAP Hybris Marketing 6.11
- Support of new features in OAA and OPP to be introduced with CARAB 2.0 FP1
- stay tuned
Version 2.2 – compatible to SAP Hybris Commerce 6.2 – SAP Note 2373279
- Omnichannel Availability & Sourcing – Enhancements
- SAP CAR 3.0 Application Bundle 2.0 compatibility *
- 3rd Party Integration: Extend the Omnichannel Article Availability check and fulfillment decision by direct shipment from 3rd party (requires SAP CAR 3.0 Application Bundle 2.0 *), SAP ERP EhP7 SP13 and EhP8 SP04)
- SAP CAR based reservations are now optional (requires SAP CAR 3.0 Application Bundle 2.0 *)
- Fallback mechanism in case of downtime of SAP CAR (requires SAP CAR 3.0 Application Bundle 2.0 *)
- In Store Customer Engagement (Clienteling)
- SAP Retail industry specific extension to Hybris Assisted Service Module (ASM)
- Hybris ASM integration with SAP CAR for Omnichannel Article Availability and Transaction History (requires SAP CAR 2.0 AB 1.0 FP2)
- Hybris ASM integration with SAP Hybris Marketing to get Product and Offer Recommendations (requires SAP Hybris Marketing 1608)
- 360° Customer View – SAP Retail Edition (requires SAP Hybris Commerce 6.2)
- Handover to Customer: Order Status, Consignment Status, Goods Issue, Print Invoice (requires SAP ERP EhP7 SP13 and EhP8 SP04)
Version 2.1 – compatible to SAP Hybris Commerce 6.1 – SAP Note 2354653
- Local deployment of Omnichannel Price & Promotion Repository & Pricing Engine in Hybris Commerce
- Inbound Capabilities to receive Price & Promotion Repository extract
- Commerce Integration with central deployment of Omnichannel Price & Promotion Repository & Pricing Engine in SAP CAR 3.0 Application Bundle 2.0
Version 2.0 – compatible to SAP Hybris Commerce 6.0 – SAP Note 2328778
- Replication of SAP Retail Structured Articles (product sets, lots, displays)
- Integration with Omnichannel Availability & Sourcing scenario based on SAP CAR 2.0 Application Bundle 1.0 Feature Pack 3
- Availability requests into SAP CAR
- Dynamic Sourcing requests into SAP CAR
- Temporary Reservation requests into SAP CAR
Version 1.1 – compatible to SAP Hybris Commerce 5.7 – SAP Note 2216889
- Content is identical to Version 1.0
- Compatibility upgrade for SAP Hybris Commerce 5.7
Version 1.0 – compatible to SAP Hybris Commerce 5.6 – SAP Note 2216889
- Replication of SAP classification data based on Retail Merchandise Category Hierarchy
- Replication of SAP Retail Single Articles
- Replication of SAP Retail Generic Articles & Variants and mapping to Hybris Multidimensional Products
Customers with a valid SAP Hybris Commerce license can download the SAP Retail integration package from the SAP Support Launchpad > Software Downloads > search for “Hybris Retail“
- SAP Retail Article Data Management in SAP Hybris Commerce : CEC-COM-BSC-MDX-ART
- Omnichannel Article Availability & Sourcing in SAP Hybris Commerce: CEC-COM-BSC-OAA
- Omnichannel Article Availability & Sourcing in SAP CAR: CA-RT-CAR-OAA
- Omnichannel Promotion Pricing Service in SAP Hybris Commerce: CEC-COM-BSC-OPP
- Omnichannel Promotion Pricing Service in SAP CAR
- CA-DDF-RT-PPR – ABAP based Omnichannel Pricing Repository and outbound capabilities
- CA-DDF-RT-PPS – JAVA based Omnichannel Pricing and Promotion Service
Deployment in SAP Hybris Commerce Cloud Edition
With SAP Hybris Commerce deployed as Cloud Edition (typically hosted by Hybris’ Managed Service) we do not expect any incompatibility when using the Retail industry package (IPR) with the cloud edition. The Hybris stack is (pretty) identical to the On-Premise version.
However, for high-volume retail installations effects are expected on the Operations of the cloud edition due to the high data volume and increased network traffic. This should be taken into account and consideration when opting for a SAP Hybris Commerce Cloud Edition in a Retail context.
Stay tuned for updates of this blog, and in the SAP Retail Omnichannel Commerce – Customer WIKI.
Dr. Ingo Woesner
Industry Product Management Retail Omnichannel