Version 2.3 now released / Version 2.4 planned
Dear Retail community members,
As you know SAP Hybris Commerce is a generic, backend agnostic commerce platform. Therefore it is not bound to an SAP environment, but is designed to run standalone in any environment.
As a consequence it is designed to flexibly adapt to ANY backend system.
A specific integration to backend(s) is typically provided as an “extension” to SAP Hybris Commerce.
For SAP ERP for Retail, SAP CAR and other SAP Retail solutions, SAP offers an extension to integrate with SAP Hybris Commerce and the Hybris Data Hub, the so-called
“SAP Hybris Commerce, integration package for SAP for Retail” (simply called “IPR”).
The “SAP Hybris Commerce, integration package for SAP for Retail” package provides SAP Retail specific enhancements to the SAP Hybris Data Hub semantics and to the SAP Hybris Commerce Suite in
- Article Data Management and replication
- Omnichannel Article Availability and Dynamic Order Sourcing
- Omnichannel Promotion Pricing and Service
- In-Store Customer Engagement based on Hybris Assisted Service Mode
The SAP Retail Integration Package for Hybris Commerce is especially important for SAP Retail Omnichannel Commerce innovations, providing deep integration with new omnichannel capabilities in SAP CAR:
Fig.1: SAP Hybris Commerce, integration package for SAP for Retail – component and integration coverage
Please note: SAP Hybris Commerce 6.1 and higher provides a generic, non Retail specific S/4HANA integration with release 1610 for master data and order management.
However, the SAP Retail Omnichannel Commerce innovations are not integrated with S/4HANA yet. We are planning S/4HANA support for the next big S/4HANA OnPremise release 1709 and will offer a new version of the IPR then. There will be no support for S/4HANA 1610 though.
IPR Version Overview / top down:
PLANNED Version 2.4 – see SAP Innovation Discovery / restricted access
- Compatibility update to
- SAP Hybris Commerce 6.3
- SAP ERP Retail Enhancement package 7 SP13 and Enhancement package 8 SP04
- (Upcoming) SAP Customer Activity Repository CAR 3.0 FP01 (includes CARAB 2.0 FP1)
- SAP Hybris Marketing 6.11
- Support of new features in OAA and OPP to be introduced with CARAB 2.0 FP1
- stay tuned
Version 2.2 – compatible to SAP Hybris Commerce 6.2 – SAP Note 2373279
- Omnichannel Availability & Sourcing – Enhancements
- SAP CAR 3.0 Application Bundle 2.0 compatibility *
- 3rd Party Integration: Extend the Omnichannel Article Availability check and fulfillment decision by direct shipment from 3rd party (requires SAP CAR 3.0 Application Bundle 2.0 *), SAP ERP EhP7 SP13 and EhP8 SP04)
- SAP CAR based reservations are now optional (requires SAP CAR 3.0 Application Bundle 2.0 *)
- Fallback mechanism in case of downtime of SAP CAR (requires SAP CAR 3.0 Application Bundle 2.0 *)
- In Store Customer Engagement (Clienteling)
- SAP Retail industry specific extension to Hybris Assisted Service Module (ASM)
- Hybris ASM integration with SAP CAR for Omnichannel Article Availability and Transaction History (requires SAP CAR 2.0 AB 1.0 FP2)
- Hybris ASM integration with SAP Hybris Marketing to get Product and Offer Recommendations (requires SAP Hybris Marketing 1608)
- 360° Customer View – SAP Retail Edition (requires SAP Hybris Commerce 6.2)
- Handover to Customer: Order Status, Consignment Status, Goods Issue, Print Invoice (requires SAP ERP EhP7 SP13 and EhP8 SP04)
Version 2.1 – compatible to SAP Hybris Commerce 6.1 – SAP Note 2354653
- Local deployment of Omnichannel Price & Promotion Repository & Pricing Engine in Hybris Commerce
- Inbound Capabilities to receive Price & Promotion Repository extract
- Commerce Integration with central deployment of Omnichannel Price & Promotion Repository & Pricing Engine in SAP CAR 3.0 Application Bundle 2.0
Version 2.0 – compatible to SAP Hybris Commerce 6.0 – SAP Note 2328778
- Replication of SAP Retail Structured Articles (product sets, lots, displays)
- Integration with Omnichannel Availability & Sourcing scenario based on SAP CAR 2.0 Application Bundle 1.0 Feature Pack 3
- Availability requests into SAP CAR
- Dynamic Sourcing requests into SAP CAR
- Temporary Reservation requests into SAP CAR
Version 1.1 – compatible to SAP Hybris Commerce 5.7 – SAP Note 2216889
- Content is identical to Version 1.0
- Compatibility upgrade for SAP Hybris Commerce 5.7
Version 1.0 – compatible to SAP Hybris Commerce 5.6 – SAP Note 2216889
- Replication of SAP classification data based on Retail Merchandise Category Hierarchy
- Replication of SAP Retail Single Articles
- Replication of SAP Retail Generic Articles & Variants and mapping to Hybris Multidimensional Products
Customers with a valid SAP Hybris Commerce license can download the SAP Retail integration package from the SAP Support Launchpad > Software Downloads > search for “Hybris Retail“
- SAP Retail Article Data Management in SAP Hybris Commerce : CEC-COM-BSC-MDX-ART
- Omnichannel Article Availability & Sourcing in SAP Hybris Commerce: CEC-COM-BSC-OAA
- Omnichannel Article Availability & Sourcing in SAP CAR: CA-RT-CAR-OAA
- Omnichannel Promotion Pricing Service in SAP Hybris Commerce: CEC-COM-BSC-OPP
- Omnichannel Promotion Pricing Service in SAP CAR
- CA-DDF-RT-PPR – ABAP based Omnichannel Pricing Repository and outbound capabilities
- CA-DDF-RT-PPS – JAVA based Omnichannel Pricing and Promotion Service
Deployment in SAP Hybris Commerce Cloud Edition
With SAP Hybris Commerce deployed as Cloud Edition (typically hosted by Hybris’ Managed Service) we do not expect any incompatibility when using the Retail industry package (IPR) with the cloud edition. The Hybris stack is (pretty) identical to the On-Premise version.
However, for high-volume retail installations effects are expected on the Operations of the cloud edition due to the high data volume and increased network traffic. This should be taken into account and consideration when opting for a SAP Hybris Commerce Cloud Edition in a Retail context.
Stay tuned for updates of this blog, and in the SAP Retail Omnichannel Commerce – Customer WIKI.
Dr. Ingo Woesner
Industry Product Management Retail Omnichannel