Using SAP Ariba Add-on (Adapter)
I wanted to share my experience on using SAP adapter to connect SAP ECC to SAP Ariba network as a buyer without using a middleware.
- Install Ariba adapter for SAP Business Suite 1.0.
- Register and obtain Ariba Network ID (ANID) from Ariba (Seller test accounts are free)
- SOA Manager is configured, certificate is installed using STRUST and bgRFC has been setup by basis (1-2 Hour activity)
Note: Ariba Network Integration 1.0 for SAP Business Suite consists of 3 components. Download these components and install them on your SAP ERP system. The components are:
- ARBFNDI2; This component is only required if your SAP ERP system is on EhP4 or higher
Also download all Attribute Change Packages (ACPs) for this product.
Lets get started on configuration of the system. The config nodes for the SAP Ariba adapter can be found in… SPRO>>Integration with Other SAP Components>>SAP Business Suite Integration component for Ariba” “The configuration of the Ariba Adapter has 2 components.
- “Framework Setting”; which is used to connect SAP to Ariba
- “Application specific setting”; which is used to configure what is sent to Ariba from SAP.
This configuration is used to Setup the connection framework between the two systems.
- Define Credentials and End Points for Ariba Network
- Enter your Ariba Network ID (ANID)
- Share Secret which you will need to use in Ariba Network during enablement
- Test Account Flag (Only if you are connecting to test ANID which ends with XXXXX-T)
- Enable End Points – “End points not enable”; Note: If you are using multiple test system, you need to enable here.*
- Define Basic Message Settings
- Direct Connectivity Settings: Please refere the prequisites.
- Map Unit of Measure Codes for cXML Messages
This configuration is used to setup the configuration of sending documents between SAP and Ariba.
- Assign Ariba Network ID to Company Code
2. Define Message Output Control
3. Define Document-Specific Message Customizing
4. Map Texts of SAP ERP and Ariba Network (Map inbound and Outbound per your requirement
5. Integration for Buyers
- Enable Vendors for Ariba Network (Activates New seller ANID if it couldn’t find a vendor under the Name in Ariba network and post document
The Configuration required for transmitting a Purchase order (PO) and receiving a Purchase order Acknowledgement/Confirmation (POA) is complete.
Testing the configuration:
- Create a purchase order in SAP and validate the output generated a XML output.
- Validate SXI_MONITOR transaction to validate the the output has been sent successfully.
Who would have through that you can connect SAP to Ariba so quickly. Good Luck prototyping in any of your test environment. Ariba provides test seller accounts for free.
Over the next few weeks I would will add the following blogs that are related to the SAP Ariba Adapter.
- Capabilities and limitation is functionalities of using SAP Ariba Adapter
- Gotya’s to look out on the SAP Ariba Adapter
- How to generate identify what is mapped and extend the XML mapping when using SAP Ariba Adapter
- How to handle error using forward error handling when using SAP Ariba Adapter
- Various lessons learnt during the SAP Ariba implementation using adapter.
- * Will cover on future blogs where I can explain the enhancements required in detail.
Very nice blog vijay
can you advise if it is possible to directly connect the same way for sourcing (RFQ's and awards). Also checking ariba connect documentation for ERP integration , they do not mention any such ERP side configuration. Can you elaborate when is the ERP side SPRO is required as per your blog above.
We are looking into Sourcing at the moment so may be next year. Please see the link below which has information of integration with ECC.
Good day Vijay,
Thank you for nice blog. Any idea where I can download Ariba Network Adapter for SAP NetWeaver PI ? I checked on SAP marketplace no luck, from ARiba website it require registration.