How to do an Upgrade Installation of SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.6 SP01 in a Distributed Clustered Environment 4.1 SP6
I would like to show you the step by step procedure of the SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.6 SP01 Server Upgrade Installation in a Distributed Cluster environment. This is on SAP BusinessObjects 4.1 SP06 Patch 4.
After downloading the software, we need to extract the zip file. Open the extracted files, we see 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 folders. Based on which version of SAP BI Platform we select the appropriate folder. Since the system I’m installing is 4.1 I’m selecting 4.1 folder
1. Select Server as this is the Server Upgrade installation
2. After extracting the zip file Select SP01 ADD ON 1.6
3. After extracting select the DSBIPADDON01_2-70001269
4. We are on 4.1 so select the folder based on the version you’re on
5. Run the setup file
6. Here are the different languages you can install Design Studio.
7. I selected English
8. As we are upgrading from older version we see that it has detected the older version and ready for upgrade. Click Next
9. We see all status are succeeded
10. Click next after you close all your windows programs
11. Accept the License Agreement
12. The path is selected by default
13. As we have a distributed environment I’m installing the web part on a different server. So I just check Analysis Application Service
14. Enter the CMS Name, Port and Password for the Admin
15. Click Next to begin the Installation
16. This might take around 45mins to complete
17. Click Finish.
Now we need to Install the Analysis Application Web Components and Analysis Application Support for Mobile Servers on the Web Server.
Login to the Web Tier Server and repeat steps from 1 to 12 and
After doing the 12 steps you need to select
Analysis Application Web Components and
Analysis Application support for Mobile Services
and continue from 14th to 17th step to finish the Installation of SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio on Distributed systems.
Based on the number of systems that are clustered in your environment you would need to repeat the above steps. The above installation is good if your SAP BI Platform is in a Distributed environments only.
Hope this helps. If I have missed anything please let me know I’ll try to add or modify accordingly.