Uploading accelerators to your SAP Cloud Platform Portal space
Note that “SAP HANA Cloud Platform, Portal Service” is rebranded to SAP Cloud Platform Portal starting in March 2017.
SAP Cloud Platform Portal service, have just released exciting new accelerators available on GitHub
Follow up the following steps in order to upload them to your portal service space and start enhancing your portal implementation:
- Navigate to https://github.com/SAP/hcp-portal-service-samples
- Clone the repository to your computer, or download it as a ZIP file by clicking the “Clone or download” button and selecting “Download ZIP”, and extract its contents.
Note: the entire repository will be downloaded to your computer.
- Open SAP Web IDE and choose File >> Import >> From File System
- Browse to the folder where you downloaded or extract the contents of the GitHub repository. The sample content is divided into subfolders: widgets, plugins and site templates. Open the relevant folder and select the ZIP file that you would like to upload (e.g. “sidenavigationwidget”).
- Make changes as necessary. You can read more about developing for the portal service in the product documentation.
- In the workspace folder structure, select the application folder and choose Deploy >> Deploy to SAP Cloud Platform. Fill in your credentials if prompted, and confirm the deployment.
Note: the deployed application name must be identical to the folder name as was downloaded from GitHub.
- The content is now available in the Admin Space and Site Designer of your portal service.
Read more about Portal Service accelerators in the article Accelerate your SAP HANA Cloud Platform, portal service Implementation