Implementing Fiori My Inbox on HCP
As a ‘relatively’ new deployment option for SAP’s user experience, Fiori cloud edition simplifies and streamlines the implementation process of Fiori via a cloud service reducing the need for the installation, upgrade and back-up processes of the ABAP Front End Server using HANA Cloud Platform.
In this tutorial, you will learn how-to quickly implement My Inbox application using the advantage of Fiori Cloud edition to change one of the most daunting tasks that a majority of managers do on a regular basis – approve SAP workflows.
In this first step, I will configure the back-end system connection to access real service data in our project. Sign up and get started with the SAP Gateway Demo Consumption System using this link.
Click “Sign up here!” to connect your SAP HCP developer account to the demo backend system.
2. Execute SAP Business Workplace transaction code – SBWP to make sure that there is something in our workflow which can be assigned to a user.
3. Assign something to your workflow (in my case I already had two requests assigned, considering that you have been just registered you might have nothing in your workflow) by executing /nswxf
4. Create Notification of Absence filling some basic information and click on Save.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you reach three workflow items in your Inbox.
6. Log in to your HCP cockpit and go to Services > OData provisioning > Configure OData provisioning
7. Click on Roles and highlight GW_Admin and click Assign to assign your user ID and click Save – (repeat this process for GW_User)
8. Configure Destination to backend demo system (ES4) by clicking on Destinations > New Destination (make sure that your URL ends with – iwbep) and that your user and password details are reflecting your details from ES4 registration process.
9. Go to your OData provisioning service by clicking on Go to Service
10. This will open up OData Provisioning Administration page where you are going to register for OData Service.
11. Select your Destination by clicking on your backend demo ES4 and search for OData service needed for My Inbox Fiori application.
12. In order to pick the right OData service go https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/ and click on SAP Fiori apps on SAP HCP filter for My Inbox > Implementation Information > Configuration and find OData Services (TASKPROCESSING version 002)
13. Go back to your OData Provisioning Administration screen and register TASKPROCESSING version 2 service
14. Test the OData service by opening the Service Document
15. Go to Destinations > New Destination and create the destination on the account level which points to your gateway as a service
16. Go to Subscriptions and find Fiori Cloud edition provided My Inbox Application > crossfndfioriinbox
17. Edit the required destination and point to mapped account ES4_ODP
18. Go to Subscriptions > HANA Cloud Portal > Go to Service
19. Click on Site Directory > Fiori Tile
20. Click on My Inbox tile which will the reflect number of workflow items (previously created notifications of absence)
Special Thanks to HCP Product Management team and Suparna Deb on invaluable #hijackingMay session covering HCP, OData Provisioning!