Content Type Profiling in SAP Information Steward
This document shares few facts and details about the “Content Type Profiling” in SAP Information Steward.
Content Type Profiling:-
1) With Content type profiling, the data insight examines the data of the input source.
2) Identifies the data which resides in each column.
3) Enables the suggestion of validation and cleansing rules based on the type of content in our data.If we perform “Content Type Profiling”,the data quality adviser helps us to assess the data, by providing the validation and cleansing rule recommendations,which helps us to measure and improve the quality of our data.
Steps to perform Content Type Profiling:-
1)Select the relevant table and Profile->Content Type:-
2) Enter the details in the window popped up: the Name of the profile and selection of relevant check boxes:-
3) Confirmation of the Content Type Profile Run:-
Once the Content_Type profile has run successfully run,of the Data cleansing icon and the Rule Icon(optional), along with a Green tick mark will appear along with the selected table :-
Upon expanding the “+” icon, the possible assigned Content type are displayed along with the respective columns(highlighted in Green).
4) The Data Criteria match:-
This helps us to identify, various possible content types assigned to the specific field based on the Data cleansing rule(highlighted in Green)
5) Associate/Edit content type(Depends on version):-
If there are certain Columns without the Content Type assigned, then we can use the “Associate/Edit Content Type” to assign the content type manually:-
Empty Column Content types:-
Selecting the “Associate Content Type”:-
The following window appears, Select the desired Content type from the list(here Firm is selected and then click save)
Now we can see the content type(Firm) is added along the side of the column:-
Note : If the Rule icon appears along with the data cleansing icon, then it will recommend the available sets of rules for binding which might help to manipulate and assess the data further:-
That’s all I have for now , till then Happy Learning
For further reference the user guide on the SAP _BOIS would be useful:-