How to enable bidder not invited to respond restricted RFx
This blog explain how restricted RFxs will behave for non invited bidders and the alternative solution to the standard design.
Considering the following scenario:
- RFx with type Restricted
- RFx flag “Allow Multiple RFx Responses for Each Company” is set
- One company with several contact persons
- Only one contact person from this company is invited
We have the following result:
- Contact person invited can see the buttons to respond the RFx (PARTICIPATE, NOT PARTICIPATE, CREATE) but not REGISTER (SAP note 1679121)
- Contact person NOT invited can see the RFx available (KBA note 2076804)
- Contact person NOT invited cannot see button “CREATE RESPONSE” (SAP note 1872169)
Some users wants to have bidders that are not invited being able to respond RFxs though. For that, is possible to consider the following workaround:
Enhance method REGISTER (/SAPSRM/CL_PDO_DYN_MDA_HD_RFQ)
By enhancing this method and setting cs_metadata-action_enabled = TRUE, contact person NOT INVITED should be able to see button REGISTER and hence after registering, buttons PARTICIPATE, NOT PARTICIPATE and CREATE should be available to the contact person.