How to Trial SAP HANA Cloud Platform, mobile service for app and device management
Welcome to this overview on How to Trial SAP HCP, mobile service for app and device management. The trial is now available as part of the SAP HANA Cloud Platform Developer Edition. Please note the product name has also changed from SAP Mobile Secure to “SAP HCP mobile service for app and device management”. This blog post will cover the basics on how to get started with the trial.
Part 1: An Introduction to SAP HANA Cloud Platform, mobile service for app and device management
The mobile service provides enterprises with SaaS-based mobile device management (MDM) and mobile app management (MAM) capabilities without the complexity and expense of an on-premise installation.
The service provides the following key capabilities:
- Single solution to manage, secure and publish mobile applications to their employees, business partners and even their consumers.
- End User experience can be branded and localized.
- Enhanced user experience to make it easy for employees to enroll and consume mobile applications easily
- Support managed and unmanaged users securely.
- Provides the lowest per device per month cost possible
- Provides a dedicated environment at shared environment cost
- Maintenance, upgrades and support are all included as part of the subscription
- Requires no initial investment for licensing, hardware or equipment
- Can be deployed in under 15 minutes
- A free SAP HANA Cloud Portal trial account
- An Android, iOS or Windows Phone device
Part 2: Step-by-step guide
The first thing you’ll need is a free developer account on SAP HANA Cloud Platform. If you already have an HCP Developer account you can skip steps 1-3. If you have a Production account, you will still need to sign up for a separate Developer account.
- Browse to sign up for a free account of the SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
- Activate your account (via e-mail activation link you received)
- Once you have activated your account, simply launch the HCP Cockpit
- Now go to Services tab, search for “Mobile Services”, locate and click on “App & Device Management.
5. Click Enable to enable the mobile service (the service provisioning may take up to fifteen minutes or more).
6. Once the service is activated. Click “Go to Admin Console” to get started.
Please refer to the following:
We are in the process of updating videos to the new UI. You can watch the videos in the Mobile Secure YouTube playlist.