View Network Trace(.har) Generated by Chrome Developer Tool
Both IE and Firefox can work with HTTPWatch tool downloaded from http://www.httpwatch.com. However for problem only happen in Chrome, it is hard to analyze because HTTPWatch can not be used. Instead Chrome developer tool is used to capture network trace that can only be saved as .har format file. This blog explains how to collect network trace and how to view it remotely.
1. Open web application using Chrome.
2. Press F12 of keyboard, then Chrome developer tool shows up. Select “Network” tab and click “Preserve log” and “Record” button to start recording.
3. Operate in web application, request and response data will be collected.
4. Right click and choose”Save as HAR with content” to save trace.
5. Access online HAR Viewer tool http://www.softwareishard.com/har/viewer/ and drag saved .har file into it. This link only support dragging in Chrome and IE.
Also there is one plugin HTTP Trace – Chrome Web Store for Chrome that can collect request and response header. Access this link via Chrome, then could see
on the right top area. Click it to install this plugin. Then could see icon next to address bar of Chrome. Once open it, it will open one popup. Then operate in web application, all request and response header will be captured. Unfortunately this tool does not have Save functionality, thus need Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to save all output as .txt file for remote analysis.