As mentioned in the document SAP HANA Features that are Deprecated the Attribute views, Analytical views and SQL Script based Calculation views are now deprecated. SAP discourages from using them in new projects and suggests that you migrate them into the appropriate recommended alternatives mentioned in this blog.
This document aims to provide you with the steps to Migrate the earlier created views.
- 1. To launch the Migration tool you need to go to the Console View by accessing Windows -> Show View -> Quick View
- 2. Select the system that you are working on to Migrate the views
- 3. Choose the option of type of view to Migrate. The xml based Analytical privileges to SQL is not mentioned in the above blog and hopefully be covered in another document.
When you click Next, you have to select the packages from where you need to migrate the objects and also select the target packages where the new migrated objects need to be available.
Here you have 2 additional features.
1. Make hidden columns visible – helps you make sure that the columns that you have added as end output to the views and later chose to make as “Hidden” in the Semantics layer can be exposed and made available in the target objects
2. Copy & Migrate – helps you to make sure that your original objects remain in the source package. If you do not choose this option you will loose your original object as it will be replaced by the migrated object – calculation views in place of attribute and analytical views & table functions in place .
The Migrated – table function for instance cannot be edited and so it is advisable to choose to make Copy & Migrate option while carrying out this step.
PLEASE NOTE: the Migrate function with Copy & Migrate works for the SQL Script based Calculation views, but not for the Attribute/Analytical views.
When you choose Copy & Migrate -> there should be a sub-drop down allowing to choose the Target package to which the Migration has to be completed.
When you click Finish – the migration will be completed successfully.