SAP RTC by Genband Available for Productive Use
A C4C User can now communicate real time with another C4C user through Genband SAP RTC. This is available for productive use since 16.02.
Following Use Cases supported –
- Launch – As a C4C user, I can click on on a tool-bar icon to open a real-time Genband RTC window
- Presence – As a C4C user, I can see who is available/present in Genband RTC window
- Communicate – As a C4C user, I can select available user and initiate text chat, video call, and audio call in Genband RTC window
- As a C4C Admin, I can automatically provision a Genband user. This happens automatically when user is assigned Genband workcenter view
- As a C4C Admin, I can provision two types of Genband Users – Basis and Advanced. Basic gets chat and presence. Advanced user get chat, presence, phone and video.
- As a C4C Admin, I can review/accept user agreement terms. This is part of the configuration.
- As a C4C Admin, I can select Genband’s data center location. This is part of the configuration.
Admin Guide – What’s New in SAP Cloud for Customer
More to Come – Mobile functionality.
Related Article –
Thank you for the detailed information on RTC.
Could you please help me by providing the details of which work center i have to activate, as i couldn't see any work center with the name of 'Genband', am using 'Solution version of 1605 - L62' and have administration rights, if possible please help me with a screenshot.
You would have activate Real-Time Communication Work center. Under that you have 2 view which is "Advanced Communication" and "Presence and Chat". Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply.
I couldn't able to find work center "Real time communication"
Please help me to find exact work center to check further on RTC.
You would have to enable the following in Scoping.
Later you should see the WoC under Work center view and assignments.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for your inputs.
I have followed the steps and activated work center, but WC is not visible for me, i could see "no access" under 'access restrictions' , is it stopping me to see the Work center, please help to overcome the issue.
There wouldn't be any WoC. You wouldn't see any WoC. Hope you have accepted the user agreement under the Adminstrator(BETA) --> Security --> Real time communication.Go ahead and accept the agreement and then choose the country as North America.Once completed You can check the RTC icon on the right shelf where upon clicking it would open the RTC dialog box and you would have to download the Genband plugin and then you are all set to work on RTC as per the Blog.
Thank you for your support
Yes, i could see RTC ICON on my user, and on clicking on settings i could see call me options. let me know additional features if anything i can add.
Is this enabled for Mobile use as well?
Though all the settings are in place. When i click on the RTC i keep getting logon failed in the RTC window. Is there any specific Browser settings to have this worked?
reason is that the RTC is available in HTML and not if you launch it with Silverlight
With Silverlight it shows this text but the user should avoid it
This require an additional license or is included in the service component license and just need to be enable at scoping?