SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition – Transition Paths
SAP S/4HANA – System Conversion Paths
At A Glance
The following figure display at a glance how a customer can move to SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition within the “System Conversion” Transition Scenario.
Note: This can not be considered as binding information, it displays more the logic of the transition paths.
System Conversion paths basically:
- From SAP Business Suite (ERP6.0, EHP xx, AnyDB or SAP HANA DB) to SAP S/4HANA
- From SAP Business Suite (ERP6.0, EHP xx, AnyDB or SAP HANA DB) to SAP S/4HANA Finance oP
- From SAP S/4HANA Finance to SAP S/4HANA oP
- The transition to SAP S/4HANA does not require the source system to be already on SAP HANA DB
- SAP S/4HANA Finance is the first offering under the SAP S/4HANA product family. The decision to go for SAP S/4HANA Finance oP should be based on the business benefits, but is not a mandatory prerequisite for any system conversion
- For older SAP Business Suite releases or systems on Non-Unicode an additional step to SAP ERP 6.0 EHPxx is required.
- System has to be an AS ABAP-only system. Dual-stack systems (AS ABAP and AS Java combined in one system) are not supported for the conversion. If your system is as dual-stack system, you have to split it before doing the conversion.
The following figure display the system conversion paths in a more detailed manner
The following figure display additional details: