SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition – Transition Paths
SAP S/4HANA – System Conversion Paths
At A Glance
The following figure display at a glance how a customer can move to SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition within the “System Conversion” Transition Scenario.
Note: This can not be considered as binding information, it displays more the logic of the transition paths.
System Conversion paths basically:
- From SAP Business Suite (ERP6.0, EHP xx, AnyDB or SAP HANA DB) to SAP S/4HANA
- From SAP Business Suite (ERP6.0, EHP xx, AnyDB or SAP HANA DB) to SAP S/4HANA Finance oP
- From SAP S/4HANA Finance to SAP S/4HANA oP
- The transition to SAP S/4HANA does not require the source system to be already on SAP HANA DB
- SAP S/4HANA Finance is the first offering under the SAP S/4HANA product family. The decision to go for SAP S/4HANA Finance oP should be based on the business benefits, but is not a mandatory prerequisite for any system conversion
- For older SAP Business Suite releases or systems on Non-Unicode an additional step to SAP ERP 6.0 EHPxx is required.
- System has to be an AS ABAP-only system. Dual-stack systems (AS ABAP and AS Java combined in one system) are not supported for the conversion. If your system is as dual-stack system, you have to split it before doing the conversion.
The following figure display the system conversion paths in a more detailed manner
The following figure display additional details:
I had different questions regarding the transition path coming from SAP ERP6.0 EHP8. So I decided to make this information available in the S4 SCN
I think this does also apply for the S4/HANA Finance 1605 release (which is based on EHP 8), but just to be sure: please confirm.
Is the term "S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511 SR1" the official name of the next release? I did expect it to be "S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1610" (or similar). But I can imagine this is because it is still the 1511 product.
(I hope that answers your question) Note 2235268 (Release Information Note) contains the informatin regarding SAP S/4HANA Finance 1605. SAP S/4HANA Finance 1605 is released to customer (I think 31.05.2016 was the release date).
SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511 SR1 is not the "Release" name. The Release name is still SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511. Technically it contains Feature Pack Stack 2 and is a "full-load", so that it is possible directly to install FPS2 (without the going to FPS1 and then FPS2 as delta).
The next SAP S/4HANA release wil then be SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1610 (asuming that we continue using the naming convention ).
honestly I do not know how it is presented as downloads and DVDs. From a delivery perspective it is (as of today) like this.
1. The Support Release 1 (allowing to go to SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511 FPS2) is released for the New Installation
2. SR 1 will be released for System Conversion in July (based on info in note 2235268)
I checked - we had an issue with the files for SR1 last week. I was told that the issue was solved at saturday. If something is still missing (I could`nt find out if it should be 2 or 4 DVDs) I would kindly ask you to open an appropriate support ticket.
thanks for that overview! I think it's always got to have some graphics to visualize the versions and the possibility.
I have a question regarding the naming of products and product versions:
I have heard rumors that in the future the "on-premise edition" -part will be dropped from the name, so it would actually be product version "SAP S/4HANA, 1610"
Can you comment on this at all?
( I have seen you already wrote "asuming that we continue using the naming convention" in another comment…)
Thanks for the overview and updates on the upcoming releases. Your information on the Conversion to FPS02 and upgrade from FPS01 to FPS02 is valuable.
Nice Blog! Awaiting updates with new S/4hana 17* series