Undeploying Software/ Development component on NetWeaver Java release 7.0x
The purpose of this document is to list steps to undeploy Software/ Development component on NetWeaver Java release 7.0x(7.00, 7.01, 7.02).
Custom Software/ Development components have been deployed in system. During system upgrade, SUM or other upgrade tool could not continue upgrade saying these custom Software/ Development components can not be handled by upgrade tool. Under this situation, you can follow this document to manually undeploy custom Software/ Development components before upgrading.
NOTE: Undeployment as such is not supported and should be used only in cases where the SAP Basis admin is well versed with the system landscape and the repercussions of this activity very well. If unknowingly a component is deployed, the best option would be to restore the system to the previous state it was before the deployment was triggered. Hence, you should always take a full offline backup before commencing deployment.
Check out all Development Components that belong to the Software Components that need to be undeployed together.
2. Suppose want to undeploy Software Component DI_CBS, DI_CMS, DI_DTR.
Note: Undeployment of SAP standard Software/ Development components is very risky operation.
This document only use these Software/ Development components as example.
Please do not do such undeployment in real system.
3. Check “Development Components” section for all entries that has “Software Component” with value DI_CBS, DI_CMS DI_DTR.
1. Create xml file to list all Development Components identified in Step1 with format like below. Make sure no extra space and exact upper/lower case.
<DevelopmentComponentLine name=”dev_comp1_name” vendor=”vendor1_name”></DevelopmentComponentLine>
<DevelopmentComponentLine name=”dev_comp2_name” vendor=”vendor2_name”></DevelopmentComponentLine>
<DevelopmentComponentLine name=”tc.CBS.Appl” vendor=”sap.com”></DevelopmentComponentLine>
<DevelopmentComponentLine name=”tc.CBS.CommonPart” vendor=”sap.com”></DevelopmentComponentLine>
2. Stop SDM node, then modify it to standalone mode.
3. Undeploy Development Components using command: sdm undeploy “list=<xml file location>” “undeploydb=yes”
If undeployment successfully finished, “Return code: 0” message show up as below image.
If any error happen, error detail can be seen in newest sdmlog*.log in usr/sap/<SID>/<xx>/SDM/program/log.
4. Once undeployment successfully finished, set SDM back to integrated mode and start it manually.
Access http://<hostname>:<port>/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo again, and confirm indeed Software/ Development components that want to undeployed are not show there anymore.
For step 1, sometimes in ‘Development Components’ section there are items have ‘Software Component’ column with value like null/null, in such situation, it is not possible to identify the relationship between software component and development component. See following image as an example:
In this situation, please use following way to determine the relationship between software component and development component.
1. Start SDM GUI and log in with SDM password. If SDM password is unknown, refer to SAP KBA 1910179 – How to change password of SDM to reset it. Then click button shown in SDM Repository tab as shown in following image.
2. Right click each development component and choose option ‘Show information about SDA/SCA’. Then you will get a popup showing the development component name with ‘Name’ field and its vendor with ‘Vendor’ field. These are the information will be used when construct XML file for undeployment.