SAP CodeJam – SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP environment and ABAP RESTful Programming Model
You will find the list of all upcoming events here: https://community.sap.com/events
where you can filter for location and event type.
- Currently all on premise events are cancelled because of Corona
Checklist: What do I (as a participant) have to prepare in advance?
Remember this is a “bring your own laptop” event
You have to bring your own laptop with you.
On this you have to have installed the ABAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver (aka ABAP in Eclipse).
In addition you need a browser to access the SAP Web IDE.
So this is your checklist:
- Get a user in SAP Cloud Platform SAP HANA Cloud Cockpit and activate the trial version for SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP Environment as described in my blog It’s Trial Time for ABAP in SAP Cloud Platform
- Install the latest version of the ABAP Development Tools for Eclipse on your laptop
It is important to check for the latest version since the latest updates are not available on outdated version of Eclipse.if you don’t want to run into any problems you should change the update sites for both Eclipse and ADT such that both always point to the latest version.
ADT https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/latest Eclipse http://download.eclipse.org/releases/latest
If these settings are active you will be notified to update your Eclipse as well as the ADT versions as soon as any update is available.
I have described how to setup a self contained version of the ADT tools in my following blog:Running ABAP in Eclipse from a USB stick powered by SapMachine
What can I do at an SAP CodeJam event about SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP Environment and the ABAP RESTful programming model ?
This SAP CodeJam event presents you with an end-to-end scenario where you’ll get to see how to use the ABAP RESTful programming model in SAP Cloud Platform.
You will learn how the different Technologies (ABAP, OData, SAP Fiori Elements) integrate and work together while building your solution.
During this event the participants will use the new trial offering of SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP environment described in my blog It’s Trial Time for ABAP in SAP Cloud Platform.
So the only thing you have to bring with you is a notebook with the latest version of Eclipse and the ABAP Development Tools installed.
How to section
We have numerous tutorials and blogs out there that will help you to learn ABAP in SAP Cloud Platform:
Past events (selection):
- April 12, Timisoara(Romania) as a pre event for sitTSR
- March 29, Frankfurt (Germany) as a pre event for sitFRA
- September 15th 2017 – Leipzig, SAP CodeJam “Gateway” on September 15th in Leipzig at Arvato Systems Perdata
- May 2017 Hannover Zwei CodeJams im Mai
- July 2016 – Grafenrheinfeld 22th July 2016 – Codejam SAP Gateway Grafenrheinfeld – Germany
- June 2016 – Budapest SAP CodeJam @ Budapest – SAP Gateway (2 June)
- July 2015 – Freiburg SAP CodeJam Freiburg @ Haufe-Lexware
- June 2015 – Hannover Codejam at Inwerken AG on the topics Gateway and SAPUI5
I want to host a SAP CodeJam Event myself.
What do I have to do?
If you are interested to host such an event yourself 🙂 you can find out more here: