SAP CodeJam – SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP environment and ABAP RESTful Programming Model
- April :
- June, 28, Bern (Switzerland)
Checklist: What do I (as a participant) have to prepare in advance?
Remember this is a “bring your own laptop” event
You have to bring your own laptop with you. On this you have to have installed SAPGUI and the ABAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver (aka ABAP in Eclipse). Though SAP GUI is not required to work with SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment itself it is required to use SAP Gateway tools in the SAP S/4HANA backend that will be provided for this Workshop. In addition you need a browser to access the SAP Web IDE.
So this is your checklist:
- Get a user in SAP Cloud Platform SAP HANA Cloud Cockpit
- Install the latest version of the ABAP Development Tools for Eclipse on your laptop
https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#abapIt is important to check for the latest version since the latest updates are not available on outdated version of Eclipse
What can I do at an SAP CodeJam event about ABAP RESTful programming model ?
This SAP CodeJam event presents you with an end-to-end scenario where you’ll get to see how to use the ABAP RESTful programming model in SAP Cloud Platform.
You will learn how the different Technologies (ABAP, OData, SAP Fiori Elements) integrate and work together while building your solution.
During this event you can try out to develop an OData Service on the SAP Cloud Platform Environment (we will provide an instance of the same for you) and can also try out backend connectivity to an SAP S/4HANA Demo System that runs on premises.
How to section
I have written a separate blog that describes the intial steps that have to be performed by all participants and a bunch of journeys the participants can take to look into their favourite Development Topic in SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment:
Click here to start: ⇒
|Blog Post: SAP CodeJam – SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP environment – Getting started|
Past events (selection):
- April 12, Timisoara(Romania) as a pre event for #sitTSR
- March 29, Frankfurt (Germany) as a pre event for #sitFRA
- September 15th 2017 – Leipzig, SAP CodeJam “Gateway” on September 15th in Leipzig at Arvato Systems Perdata
- May 2017 Hannover Zwei CodeJams im Mai
- July 2016 – Grafenrheinfeld 22th July 2016 – Codejam SAP Gateway Grafenrheinfeld – Germany
- June 2016 – Budapest SAP CodeJam @ Budapest – SAP Gateway (2 June)
- July 2015 – Freiburg SAP CodeJam Freiburg @ Haufe-Lexware
- June 2015 – Hannover Codejam at Inwerken AG on the topics Gateway and SAPUI5
I want to host a SAP CodeJam Event myself.
What do I have to do?
If you are interested to host such an event yourself 🙂 you can find out more here: