How To Create the offline Fiori CRM App Part 1
Since October 2015 the first two CRM Fiori Apps are available as offline-enabled Apps: MyAccounts and MyContacts.
See here: http://scn.sap.com/community/crm/sales/blog/2015/10/09/using-crm-fiori-apps-offline
More informations about Packaging Fiori Applications – Architecture and Life Cycle Management
Prerequisites for my scenario:
– SAP Fiori 1.0 for SAP CRM 7.0 EHP3, SP10 (wave 10)
– HCPms (it’s also possible with SMP)
– SAP Mobile Secure
– latest version of the packager which is included in the Kapsel SDK
– npm, node.js (here: npm version 2.7.4, node version v0.12.2)
1. Create the Connection at SCC (SAP HANA Cloud Connector) if you use the SCC
2. Create the Connection at HCP
3. Prepare your Application at the HCPms
4. Get an SAP Mobile Secure Account
5. Create an Android Signing ID
6. Get you SAP Mobile Secure Cloudusername and password
11. Download it from your SAP Mobile Secure Account and run it
Thanks for outlining these steps. It has answers for most of the customer queries.
Thanks Claudia for the detailed steps with scree shots.
I followed all the steps and successfully created the fiori app offline.
But I am still trying to understand the following points.
1. Where do we write code to create an offline store to save offline odata? CRUD operations?
2. Does it only saves the launchpad webpages on mobile for offline use?
3. Do we still need to add offline odata plugin to our project?
4. Do we still need to configure SMP/HCP for odata offline using define_requests?
5. To my understanding, packaging & building steps will allow Android apk files legal and can be put on playstores / mobile secure. But here it is used to make fiori offline. Which part of the steps will take care of exact offline functionality? To me it is just the downloadfromfes part. Am I correct?
Calling @Claudia Polster for help.