SAP offers initiatives and programs, which enables Customers and Partners to voice out their thoughts and ideas during the entire product development life cycle.SAP feels the key player / influencer for the product development is Customer as they are the final consumers of the software developed and would be well aware of the area of future development direction for a product and also about its short comings.
Picture#1: Depicting the various SDLC process
As seen in the picture#1, SAP encourages continuous inputs and feedbacks from Customers and Partners during entire life cycle development of a product. This engagement is enabled by service offerings. This is a good opportunity and channel, where SAP listens to customer’s thoughts and view points for a given scenario / product enhancement before investing its development efforts. The discussion is initiated with regular calls and webinars with set of customers who have shown interest in participating to area / topic of interest.
The Voice of Influence from the Customers / Partners is enabled in phases / cycle wise manner and interested Customers/ Partners could follow and register to specific topic by registering to the discussion and also by choosing the “follow the area of interest” button for regular notifications.
Below in the picture#2, you would be able to see the mapping of services offered in relation to the product development stage. Customer / Partner could get involved in any of the stages by opting for the area of interest and the stage in which he/ she would like to influence / share thoughts.
Picture#2: Showcasing the product development life cycle mapped to MI service offering.
Innovate : Customer Engagement Initiative (CEI) enables customers to;
- Get early insight into SAP product plans
- Influence development
- Collaborate closely with SAP product teams
Experience: Guided Beta enables customers to;
- Experience and test new SAP software before official release for early prototyping with customer specific data and processes
- In selected cases directly engage with development for the limited duration of the project
Early Adopter Care enables customers to;
- Get support with your early implementation of SAP’s latest releases via an Early Adoption Care program in close collaboration with SAP with a dedicated back-office support infrastructure in place to safeguard your project and minimize risks
- Access to Early Knowledge transfer (EKT) at no additional costs
Customer Connection enables customers to;
- Incrementally enhance and improve the products and solutions our customers are using today
- Suggest small enhancements to products and solutions in mainstream maintenance, for a rapid and non-disruptive delivery.
Below picture#3, would showcase in detail the action of customer against the program chosen and the expected results.
Picture#3: Depicting action of customer -> program to choose -> expectation from the service opted.
Customer and Partners can get engaged and start participating in the above services by following the simple steps listed below,
- Log on at https://influence.sap.com
- Set up your areas of interest under “My Influence”, to get notifications on new engagement opportunities
- Sign up for service which fit the needs of your organization
For detailed information of service offerings and individual webinars, Contact Arvind Sharma via email to firstname.lastname@example.org