Beta 5 is Live!
After a short wait, Beta 5 is here! On April 28, this newest release of BUILD takes user experience and developing to the next level. There are lots of improvements in this version including easier low-fidelity prototyping, Fiori smart templates, prototype discussions and user support browser studies. Personally, I’ve created multiple projects with BUILD since the early beta stages. I have found it extremely useful as far as building prototypes and expressing my ideas clearly to my peers. The new beta 5 sprint has made my experience that much better, specifically here are the things that stuck out to me:
- Easier low-fidelity prototyping
– Creating prototypes has been simplified. In this BUILD’s Beta 5, working with images and hotspots has never been easier. Before, I had to upload images at one time, but I’d have to edit each one separately. Now, an end user can accomplish all this at once!
- Fiori smart templates
- Fiori is what end users are used to so it is important that BUILD encompasses that and more. Beta 5 offers smart templates which generate UI at runtime based, so it is able to create predefined templates for the most used application patterns. I cannot express how useful this tool is for me and how it allows me to express my creativity. It’s more than just about design consistency, it reduces the amount of front end code while ensuring I’m within Fiori guidelines.
- User studies is what empowers users. Feedback from user studies is the difference between a prototype that looks great and a prototype with great UX that is adopted by end users. BUILD has always been able to conduct user studies and feedback over desktop, but now it is possible to test your prototype on devices, be it TV, tablet, or phone.
- Prototype discussions
– This feature is completely new and extremely effective. Users now have the ability to discuss edits and ideas while they create. It was possible before for users to contribute to a project, but now those same uesrs are able to hold a conversation within the prototype page allowing them to make edits and suggestions in real time.
- User support browser studies
From these points, you can see that Beta 5 is a hit. These are just a few of the new features that show how BUILD can benefit anyone interested in creating great user experience. Beta 5 is just a taste of what’s to come in the future so signing up now is really the best thing to do.
Check out Splash here: https://www.experiencesplash.com/splashapp/
Webinar Series to get started:
http://tinyurl.com/SplashBuildWebinar1 Passcode: Splash
http://tinyurl.com/SplashBuildWebinar2 Passcode: Build
http://tinyurl.com/SAPSplashBuildWebinar3 Passcode: Build