There are many documents and posts on how to setup up and configurate the communication between ERP and SAP Cloud for Customers using HANA Cloud Integration, but there is a lack of ducumentation on how to test it.
For a connection test from C4C to ERP have a look at:
E2E communication test from ERP to C4C via HCI
How does it work?
Report ‘RCOD_CHECK_E2E_CONNECTIVITY’ connects to HCI and calls ‘Check connectivity from SAP Business Suite’ which tests the connection to C4C.
Computer name: HCI backend Host
Test message was sent to HCI and from there to the C4C system.
Check message on HCI Monitor view:
If the message transfer failes the log can provide valuable information for troubleshooting.
No message log entry at HCI monitor:
– check report log on ERP
– check report destination Host and URL
– check network connection to HCI
– check requirements for SSL connection between ERP and HCI
Failed message log entry at HCI monitor:
– check C4C availability
– check ‘Check connectivity from SAP Business Suite’ Artifact configuration on HCI
– check communication system settings on C4C system
– check communication arrangement for for ‘Connectivity check with SAP Business Suite’ on C4C system
– check requirements for SSL connection between HCI and C4C
Requirements on ERP side:
SSL Client certificate has to be singned by a CA.
Logical system / port creation
Business System creation
Configuration requirements on HCI:
‘Check connectiviy from SAP Business Suite’ Artifact has to be configured and deployed on HCI.
The certificate in the configuration screnshot is the exported certificate from ERP SSL Client PSE which needs to be signed by a CA.
Root CA (& intermediate CA) certifcate which is also needed have to be added to the HCI truststore. This can be done by opening a SAP ticket at LOD-HCI.
Requirements on C4C side:
– creation of a communication system (=ERP)
– HCI CA certificates have to be added to C4C truststore
– communication arrangement for for ‘Connectivity check with SAP Business Suite’ needs to be configured and active