Configuring Smart Data Streaming on Multitenant Databases
As of SP 12, smart data streaming supports running in an SAP HANA multitenant database container installation. You can have some or all of the tenant databases running smart data streaming. Make sure each tenant using smart data streaming has its own dedicated host. You only need one license for all tenant databases running streaming.
Each tenant requires a dedicated smart data streaming host. You provision (or add) the streaming service (streamingserver) on the host to the tenant. You can’t provision the same service to multiple tenants. Keep the tenant isolation level low on any tenant running smart data streaming. Provisioning fails if the isolation level is high. If you raise the isolation level to high after the fact, the streaming service stops working.
You can convert an existing single container SAP HANA system running smart data streaming to a multitenant database system. After conversion, the original database becomes the first tenant, with the streamingserver service from the original database automatically provisioned to the tenant.
Whether adding streaming to a newly created multitenant database system or creating a new tenant on an existing system to run streaming, the steps you take are the same:
- Make sure that the SAP HANA system is running without error, and that SAP HANA Cockpit can manage each tenant database. If the HANA system isn’t running correctly, provisioning streaming might fail.
- If you haven’t already, install streaming on the SAP HANA system.
- Add the dedicated SAP HANA smart data streaming host.
- Provision the streaming service (streamingserver) to a tenant database.
- Create the connection between the tenant database and streaming.
Repeat steps 3 through 5 on each tenant to run smart data streaming.
See the SAP HANA Administration Guide for details on creating a multitenant system. See the SAP HANA Smart Data Streaming: Configuration and Administration Guide for details on configuring streaming to run on a tenant database.