Broadcast Resolution: Windows 8.1 OS and SAP SMP/Agentry WPF/ATE not able to launch successfully
To All SAP Agentry/SMP 3.0 users,
SAP Global Services and Support (GSS – One Service) tries to be proactive in giving the solution to the customers to make the knowledge available. We value your time in using our products and we always try to give the best solution out to the customer. Our mission is to give the best support anytime, anywhere and using any device.
Based on some internal and external installation of SAP Mobile Platform SDK 3.0 (Agentry) in SP08 to SP12, the SAP team believed that there may be a new security features available in Windows 8.1 OS that is preventing the full successful launch of the SMP 3.0 SDK Agentry WPF/ATE clients successfully. These features may be different in older Windows OS 7 environment.
This causes the SAP Agentry WPF/ATE client software (SMP 3.0 SDK) to show the following issues:
- For some Agentry client – during usage or launching of the application, it crashes or gives errors
- When launching the Agentry WPF client in Windows 8.1, the user cannot get pass the login screen
- The popup may not be showing
- The Agentry Editor Agentry Test Environment (ATE) cannot successfully launch the transmission to SMP 3.0
To resolve this issue, please do the following:
- Always try the latest SMP 3.0 SDK release available in our SAP download area.
- See SAP KBA # reference: 2321983 – Agentry WPF / ATE clients not launching successfully in Windows 8.1.
Thanks to all our valued SAP community of users, designers, engineers, partners and others who constantly share their knowledge to help one another to make SAP’s support and user community – Best in Class.
SAP Platinum Support Engineer