Focused Insights: How to build an OCC Dashboard (Part 2)
Operation Control Center Dashboard of SAP Focused Insights provides a direct access to key metrics stored inside SAP Solution Manager. It’s primarily intended for IT and business experts who need to build quickly detailed views for in depth analysis.
OCC Dashboard is flexible and easy to use, it offers a single web interface to administrate, configure and display your dashboard instances. Dashboard instances and gadgets can be published as a web URL.
Several data providers help to access data sources on different time periods and different resolutions. You can filter and merge various metrics on the same chart while the look and feel can easily be changed with few clicks.
In this example we’ll describe step by step how to configure a gadget to monitor an EEM (End-User Experience Monitoring) script.
We will extend the OCC dashboard created in the previous blog: Focused Insights: How to build an OCC Dashboard (Part 1)
- Logon to the OCC dashboard
- Edit the dashboard “Demo Focused Insights” created previously
- Edit the second gadget
- Enter gadget’s title: “Portal response time”
- Select data provider “/STDF/DP_EEM_BI”
- Select an EEM agent from the list (in this example “eem_singapore”)
- Select an EEM script from the list (in this example “PortalOTO_New”)
- Add query
- Enter legend “Singapore”
- Select another EEM agent from the list (in this example “eem_nice”)
- Select the same EEM script (in this example “PortalOTO_New”)
- Add query
- Enter legend “Nice”
- Select another EEM agent from the list (in this example “eem_berlin”)
- Select the EEM script (in this example “PortalOTO_New”)
- Add query
- Enter legend “Berlin”
- Select another EEM agent from the list (in this example “eem_new_york”)
- Select EEM script (in this example “PortalOTO_New”)
- Add query
- Enter legend “New York”
- Select renderer “COLUMN_CHART”
- Select tab “More Settings”
- Select time range “Last Week”
- Select resolution “Day”
- Apply the time range
- Enter Y unit: “Milliseconds”
- Save and check the chart
Part 3 of this blog is available here: Focused Insights: How to build an OCC Dashboard (Part 3)
Focused Insights (http://support.sap.com/focused-insights)
Focused solutions for SAP Solution Manager, is the extension concept for SAP Solution Manager, with the idea of helping our customers meet their particular innovation needs on an individual basis, without the need for homegrown software or partner solutions.
The goal of Focused Insights is to build and distribute powerful customer-specific dashboards in minutes using state-of-the-art user experience.
The content delivered with Focused Insights has been designed to deliver, in real time, the most relevant and valuable information to the right people. While it provides full transparency of information stored inside SAP Solution Manager, it also takes into account the best practices and experience gained during numerous custom projects, offering a set of prepackaged dashboards tailored to your needs.
SAP Focused Insights offers specialized dashboards for experts as well as management or non-technical users. Whether they address the CIO or an expert, dashboards remain consistent among each other since they rely on the same data sources mixed up and presented in different granularities or aggregation levels
Focused Insights comes with a rich content. It fully exploits the huge amount of data stored inside SAP Solution Manager. Metrics produced by the activation of a scenario, whether it is IT or business related, become immediately available to the prepackaged dashboards. Raw metrics can be grouped or combined to produce advanced metrics and high level KPIs.