In this blog I will describe the configuration steps in DMS / PLM that are required to connect your PLM / DMS system to SAP Document Center (formerly known as SAP Mobile Documents).
Once you have completed the steps described in this blog, you can continue with the steps to connect the DMS to SAP Document Center.
In order for your DMS to be ready for the connection you need to have at least
EhP7 with notes 2229386 and 2217789 or
EhP7 SP11 or
EhP8 SP01 or
S/4HANA on-premise SP00
Connecting the CMIS repository to the associated ABAP Connector class
Execute transaction SM30 and enter the maintenance view CMISD_SERVICE.
Maintain the values DMS-MDOCS as the Repository ID and CL_MDOC_CMIS_DMS_INT as the ObjectTypeName.
Customizing of Document Types
1. Go to transaction DC10.
2. On the Dialog Structure node Define Document Types, choose New Entries.
3. On the New Entries: Details of Added Entries screen, enter the following values:
|Field Name||User Action and Values||Comment|
|Document Type description||Drawing|
|Use KPro||<Select by ticking>|
|Version Assgmt||<Select by ticking>|
|Change Docs||<Select by ticking>||<optional>|
|Display Object Links||<Select by ticking>|
|Internal Number Range||02||Select Number Ranges to define your own number ranges.|
|External Number Range||01||Select any internal range 01 or 05 based on business use case if needed.|
|Number Exit||MCDOKZNR||Select Default to generate this entry.|
|Vers. No. Incr.||1||Select “1” if you want versions to start with “00” instead of “01”|
Save your entries and choose the Back (F3) pushbutton to return to the Change View “Define Document Types”: Overview screen.
4. Repeat the same activity for document type FOL.
Define Workstation Application
In this activity, you define the settings for workstation applications.
1. Go to transaction DC30.
2. On the Change View “Define Workstation Application”: Overview screen, choose New Entries.
3. Maintain the Workstation Application for the different file formats that will be uploaded from SAP Document Center. If the required WS applications are already present in system please skip this step.
|Field Name||Description||User Action and Values|
|WS application||Key field||RH|
|Description||SAP Product Visualization|
|File suffix for appl.||File format for a temporary file||RH|
|File format||File format for selection via the file manager||*.rh,*.vds, *.rhz,*.cgm,*.jt|
|Start authorization||Application can be started immediately||Indicator set|
|You cannot rename temporary files||Indicator determines whether the file can be renamed.||Indicator Set|
Setup of Content Server and KPRO CUSTOMIZING
A content server is already installed.
1. Go to transaction OAC0
2. Create a new entry
|Field Name||User Action and Values|
|Content Rep.||<New name>|
|Storage type||http Content Server|
|HTTP server||<Content server IP address>|
|Port Number||<Content server port>|
3. Check the connection by clicking on “Test connection”
4. Create a new content repository by clicking on “CS Admin” and Edit
5. Save the changes
6. Go to transaction OACT
7. Click on New to create a new storage category
You can checkin originals in new storage category you created.
Define Mobile Documents Profile
The previous product name is still in the configuration, therefore it says “Mobile Documents Profile”
1. Go to transaction SM30 and enter DMS_MDOC_PROFILE. Click on Maintain.
2. Create a new profile and mark it as Default (please note setting it to default is important) and Save it.
3. Double click on the Default Profile
Maintain the document type that you have previously created in activity Customizing of Document Types as default document type and folder types. Also maintain the storage category created in activity Setup of Content Server and KPRO Customizing in the storage category field. Save the settings.
You are now ready to connect your DMS to SAP Document Center. 🙂